Missouri Girls Planning A Get Together

SodScrap

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I won't have my Nov schedule until sometime next week. Don't wait for me, either I'll be off and I'll be there or I won't be able to come. I want to come, of course. I think I will be off the 7th and 8th and if I am, there's no way I'll be off the 14th too. I'll see tomorrow if I can get an idea. I'll go email my schedule making partner now.

Y'all will have to do the Sandi on a stick (like Sara at the convention) thing for me. I'm working that weekend (and most weekends until the end of the year). Lets start to plan one mid-Jan, so I can get to see you all again before I take off for parts unknown. Let me know your ideas. I'll be off work then so can do the leg work.

Oh, that sounds like fun! Wish I lived closer - how far is that from St. Louis? My daughter lives in O'Fallon, IL - maybe I could go see her and come there too if it isn't too far away.

Sandi, I will make a "Sandi on a stick" so you can be there with us in spirit :) Sorry you have to work, but that's understandable.

January is a hectic month for me at work, but I can squeeze in a weekend trip to see you :)

Once I talk to Conda, one of us will start making plans and let you all know what is going on.

Ok ladies-the weekend of November 14th, Columbia MO We need a head count so that we can make definite plans regarding the exact place. Please post in this thread or send me a PM to let me know if you plan to attend. Cost will be VERY minimal, I know exactly once we get the head count!

Basic details: we are looking at Saturday morning and cropping til we crash... (or until you want/need to leave) Lunch, may be provided and/or may a mini carry-in luncheon. (we can always order take out) We will be chipping in for Shakespeare Pizza for dinner, a local specialty. Early Sunday breakfast and then head home!

Can't wait to see you!!

ok, while you're still getting ready for this month's meet up, I want to go ahead and start working on a mid Jan meet up. I'm taking Jan off and will probably be starting a temp job toward the end of Jan. I thought a mid Jan weekend to relax and work on our Holiday albums would be fun. A little recovery time so to speak. what do you all say? I'll see if I can find like a lodge or B&B that we can stay at that would keep the cost down. I'll start looking around, so we can book in.

• 2 months later...

I just checked out this thread and I would just love to get together to scrap! I love to drive so if we could swing the financial part (I think we could in the end of Jan. or Feb. timeframe) I'd be willing to drive to St. Louis and of course, get myself a room. I know I'm new so if that's a problem I understand, I could always wait for the next one. I will keep an eye out for any details.

Laura, the last one was central Missouri and there was a tentative plan for the western side of MO this month. I can start planning it if y'all want to come. and Missy you are more than welcome, we love our get-togethers. How would the 22-23 work for you all? There's a cool B&B in Independence that we could get, they offer rates for quilters and scrappers, I need to check on internet access though. Cute old place looks like it would be cozy. I can run over and check it out tomorrow if anyone is interested. I'm so sick of the cold, a nice cozy place to gather sounds heavenly. I will probably be leaving for a temp job the week after, so that weekend will be the last one available for me.

The 29-31 would be ok if that also works for everyone. If you share rooms, cost will be less, but not sure it that would work with the B&B rooms with only 1 bed. Let's set a date and I'll see what kind of reasonable rates I can find around here.

The 30th weekend works for me. PBarnes...you can share a room for me and pay the next time if you want. I'd rather you go then not go for that reason.

Archived