Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glassbird

How Can I Synchronize My Desktop And Laptop?

5 posts in this topic

I may not be using the right terminology in the topic title...here is my problem...

I have recently acquired a laptop, but also have a desktop. I have XP on both. When I first acquired my laptop, I carefully copied all my digital elements onto my laptop. Since then, I have been creating layouts, downloading new digital elements, etc, and I am losing track of what is on my laptop but not on my desktop. I want them both to have everything, not only for simplicity, but because my desktop is backed up with Mozy, and the laptop is not!

I seem to recall some mention of a program that could do this, but do not remember the name. I need something simple, and free would be nice!!

Recommendations? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Boy, that is a good question. I currently am copying everything I want a backup on to my laptop and my EHD. If there were a program to do this for me it would be great. Can't wait to hear the ideas.

The free program I read about in an earlier post is

Synctoy 2.0. It is a free program found on the Microsoft

Website. Works great. I use it to back up my laptop

to an EHD. You can use it between computers too

I was just coming to add SyncToy too! Love this simple little program. You won't be able to sync directly from computer to computer without a special cable but sync one to your EHD then sync it to the other.

HTH!