Tablet Users...what Are Your Most-Used 'buttons'?

tennismama

I've got 6 buttons and 4 'center button' options up for programming. Those of you who have been using your tablets for a while, I'd love some input as to what functions you find most helpful to have at your fingertips on your tablet.

Thanks, gals! I know I'll get some good feedback.

Jane

I've got ctrl and shift and the spacebar and ctrl+z. I find with those I can sit and scrap with the tablet in my lap. Of course I only have 4 buttons. If I had another it would be alt.

the 3 I use most (all for CS3) are shift-ctrl-S for save as, shift-ctrl-alt-I for file info, and shift-ctrl-I for inverse. I used them all the time with my bamboo fun, but with my new touch and pen, it doesn't seem to want to let me set it with anything with the shift in it. The other one I set was ctrl-N, but I kept forgetting to use it. LOL. I really am using the keyboard shortcuts a lot more than I used to, so its just what do you do the most frequently.

Thanks for your input, ladies. I am watching the Kelby Training video about the Wacom Intuos4 tonight and learning a lot. It will be an adjustment to use the Wacom...not for the pen itself, but for what to do with it every time I want to type. With a mouse, it just stays where I was using it; but with a pen, I get the feeling it's best not to lay it down on the tablet, and I'm afraid I'll lay it somewhere and not be able to find in amoungst all my stuff on the desk. lol.

Denise, you're not alone. I never use the buttons, either. ;)

I write with my right hand, and do keyboard shortcuts with my left. Maybe I'll program some of the buttons and try it out.... but I probably won't get around to it... lol

Archived