Photo

Ro's Organization Scheme And Ploppers, Brushes, Etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clarkkent93

clarkkent93

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

How would one go about adding "ploppers" to Ro's organization scheme? Would I just make a new folder for that? How do I handle freebies from different websites such as DSP?

What about fonts, brushes and overlays? Should I just make a folder with Tools and then make subfolders for the aforementioned?

Thanks!

#2 angelaNussbaum

angelaNussbaum

A strange pixy monkey NUT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,389 posts
  • Personal Statement:Im a nut, what can i say? I love making ppl happy!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

Not sure what a plopper is...

But i found as i used ro's method, i create some addtional folders. Like in embellishments i have a food folder (food like embellishments) i have a Hardware one for all those nails, bolts etc. and a strings (took out all the strings/stitchings and fibers from ribbons and put them there).

You can totally change, or add folders as your supplies need.

I do have some prodcuts that were from other companies (GASP) from my pre SG days. I tend to keep them organized in their own folders because their file naming system didnt give me a clue as to what they were.

I do have an overlay folder in my backgrounds. A fonts to keep a copy of all the fonts i have installed, and brushes folders (ie brushes, layoer your own brushes) under the Templates Folder.

Modifiy to your needs!!

Oh and a while back Ro had a great tutorial on her blog about what she does with tools... she has a "goodies" folder. I'll get the link and come back.

#3 sunnie2004

sunnie2004

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 10,774 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am me nothing more nothing less!

Laurie in Pa took my photo for my photo! TY!!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

I am not sure either what a plopper is but I do have my Adobe stuff in all one huge folder...inside that is ...a folder for each brushes, styles, actions, glitters, then i have a separate folder labled elements stitches and stuff like that (honest) for elements stitches alphas and each in their own folder arranged by designer alphabetically, I have a folder that is labled..paper templates ....folders alphaetized... a folder pngs and masks templates.....then scrappin templates ...all alphabetized...in separate folders in 1 big one then the biggie the big scrappin kits each with thier own folder alphabetized.... been doing mine like this for years. It works for me...if this is anyelp at all
Posted ImagePosted Image
My blog I play with pscs3 !!!
over 5055 gallery comments left!! Imagine I did this stuff

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 cherise

cherise

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

I think a "plopper" is what we call an "Easy Page" here at ScrapGirls. I just have a separate folder for those. I love Ro's system of organizing and the best part is that you can modify and change/adapt to fit your own needs. You may set up all your folders a certain way and then realize a little ways into it that you need to create sub-categories. I know some people categorize their paper by color and have lots of sub-categories for various embellishments.

Welcome to ScrapGirls and I hope you get all set up so that you can enjoy scrapping!

Cherise

New Products now in the Boutique:

COL_ExoticCollection_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_AYOZoom_12x12Exotic_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_ExoticFrameClusters_Emb_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_ExoticMendhi_Emb_MKTG_150.jpg

Button_Designer.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users