Inkjet Transfers ~

Guest deannayh

Guest deannayh
[b]Inkjet Transfers [/b] ~ that don't require a photocopy or laser print to work!

THe trick is the Brand of paper is very specific!

I originally got the idea and instructions from [url="http://www.ninabagley.com/info/inhome.asp"]Nina Bagley[/url]

[b]SUPPLIES:[/b]

Walmart JetPrint Photo Paper - GLOSSY [i](it must be a type of glossy photo paper by JetPrint)[/i]
Water in fine mister bottle [i](the finer, the better)[/i].
Image to print. this can be color, sepia or black and white.
Piece of paper, fabric or ? to transfer the image on to.

[b]DIRECTIONS:[/b]

1. First Choose an image [i](or more than one ;-) [/i] and print it out on the JetPrint Photo Glossy Everyday Photo Paper. [i](Remember to print the image in reverse if there is any text or it will be backwards when it is transfered.)[/i]
2. Lay the printed image face-up. Spritz generously with a fine mist of water.
3. Flip the misted image face-down, onto the desired area of you paper/fabric that you wish to transfer to.
4. Burnish the back of the image down with the back of a spoon, or a paper towel.
5. Remove the photo paper and let dry, or use heat gun.

[b]NOTES:[/b]

[i]Other Glossy photo papers may or may not work in this same method. I just know this seems to work with many people using different inkjet printers around the world.

You may use a soft foam brush to apply the water instead of a mister bottle. This is just what worked well for me. Vary the amount of water for different effects.

This method may or may not also work on wood and cork as they are both porous. Try it. Play with it. :-)[/i]

deanna

These were my 2 color images.
[attachment=4844:Inkjet_t...ge_CROWN.jpg]

[attachment=4845:Inkjet_t...ED_FLEUR.jpg]

This was my black and white image.
[attachment=4846:Inkjet_t...an_image.jpg]

This is the paper I used.
[attachment=4847:Inkjet_t...to_Paper.jpg]

[attachment=4848:Inkjet_t...per_back.jpg]

This was the water mister bottle I used.
[attachment=4849:Inkjet_t...r_Bottle.jpg]

This was the result on some tafeta like fabric.
[attachment=4850:Inkjet_t..._cropped.jpg]

• 6 months later...
Oh Deanna, this is a great bit of information for sure. I was seriously getting tired of having to buy printable fabric paper which can get pretty spendy after a while. Seeing the way and the things you used to do this I think I will give it a try. Any added hints or suggestions before I get started?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest deannayh
Pixella - I don't know what happened to the photos - not a clue???

Thanks for letting me know. I reloaded them today. Please let me know if you still cannot see them.

deanna

Archived