Help With Picasa

pmcgraw

I understand Picasa (LOVE IT) but I need some help with something. How do I benefit from the organization of Picasa while I'm in PSE7? For example, suppose I want to make a LO using a certain pic that I want red paper as the backgroud. Can I search for that red paper in Picasa while in PSE7? It seems to me that that is what we want to be able to do with Picasa, but I'm confused as to how to make it work right. Does anyone understand about what I am asking????????

What you will do is have both programs open. You'll use Picasa to help you find the paper you want to use. Then you will drag and drop it from the Picasa window into the PSE 7 window.

Make sense?

Makes sense! I'll try it!

hi ro,

hope you are on the mend...

i have picasa and cs4...i cant drag and drop from picasa....or how do you? i just tried and it doesnt do it ..i can rt click and open w cs 4

I am using CS4, and dragging and dropping from Picasa works for me. I just click once on the element and drag it. You have to be careful not to double click or it will not work.

Glorie appears to be pretty much the expert on Picassa - got all her files organized in it - I am still working on mine - why don't you PM her and ask her questions? She is very helpful.

If you can't drag and drop from Picasa, you might need to update your version. I think there is Picasa 3.5 now. Picasa 3 originally had the drag and drop feature and then they disabled it for a long time. I forget why, but they irritated a lot of Picasa users when they did that. It has now been fixed and you should be able to drag and drop as long as you have the most updated version.

I use Picasa for photos and for organizing my scrap supplies. I don't know how I would scrap without it. It has cut down on tons of time searching for stuff.

Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Picasa. They fixed it so that you can drag and drop over. I think that a lot of people complained about the inability to do this. I was one of them and was happy for the update.

well you learn something new every day! wowie

I was going to organize using Picasa but I thought that there was a 1 GB space for free. I just lost all my organizing by switching to a new computer and Windows 7. I was using Window Photo Gallery. I'm trying to decide which way to go since I really miss my organizing!

If I use the gallery in Windows 7 it looks like everything has to be on my C drive which defeats the purpose of my Passport. I'm trying to decide between picasa, ACDSee PSE7 organizer. Is there anything else out there?

Can anyone explain if you can search by file name in Picasa?

I'm still going thru the facial recognition (wow!!) and tagging of my pictures, but haven't found anything about searching by file name, as you can in Windows.

It truly is an amazing program, and I wouldn't have tried it without Ro's enthusiasm.

:)

Hi Margot,

I am going to give you my 2 cents on this because it too has driven me crazy! I have gone back and forth between all the programs you mentioned.

First I thought I would use the organizer with PSE, but from what I understand, it slows down PSE when it loads. I don't know why, but someone told me that and I just went with it. Heehee!

Next was ACDSee, at first I really liked it. I started tagging everything and it would find what I was looking for quickly, but I had to tag it and if I didn't, and I did not remember where it was, I had trouble finding it. I do admit that I like looking at my digi stuff on ACDsee, but the tagging does make it cumbersome.

Last was Picasa. What I really like about Picasa is that you really don't have to do much. ScrapGirls digital files are so well named that the file name usually tells you what you are looking at. Picasa's search will look at tags as well as parts of the file name, so if the file name is ABR_SweetWords_12x12_RedSolid.jpg, you can search for ABR for all of Angie's wonderful things, or SweetWords for that collection, or 12x12 for that size papers, or Red for any red papers. Great search engine without having to tag.

So there are my two cents. Good luck finding something that works for you and if you find something better, please let me know.

Take care,

Hey Sandy! I do seem to be full of questions don't I? I just went to Picasa and it seems totally confusing to me at this point! I'm wondering how many learning curves can this brain of mine handle? lol

I lost all my newer styles and all my zipped files. On the bright side, I did e-mail Add-O-Matic and Mike said the Vista version should work in Windows 7. I am wasting too much time getting set up again.

OK, enough complaining - I'm off the download Picasa and play with it!

Archived