Help Please - Printing Cards On The Pc

devondumpling

Hi All,

I really do need some great help.

I want to print cards that I have created on the PC.

I have read all sorts of info and videos that have been put on the internet and you tube etc...

None work correctly for me .

I use Photoshop Elements 7 - I want to end up with a finnished card which is A6 size, but when I double the canvas size and then print, I still finnish up with the photo sitting too close to the edge of the front of the card when it is folded over, and not centrally positioned as it looks before I print it.

Does this make sense to anybody and does anybody know of any really useful links that will help me?

Thanks

Hello and :welcome2: to Scrap Girls!

I understand exactly what you are referring to. Does your printer allow for edge to edge printing? If it does first test print with that setting.

Each printer has pre-established margins. Check your printer manual to see if it tells you what they are. Set your card up in PSE with these margins and then set your printer page to the size you want to print. Test print before to check placement. I usually use grey scale, fast, draft printing when doing a test print.

My printer has a "borderless" printing option that's hidden in one of the menus that comes up when I request a print job to be sent to it. If I check that box and pick the appropriate paper type, I'm usually successful. It took me several frustrating prints to figure it out but now I have the sequence memorized. I am also very careful about letting my paper dry fully before I run it through for double sided printing. If the paper is still wet on one side, it comes out slightly off center.

HTH.

The suggestions above are great; I have some more questions (from my day job experience.)

How much is the photo offset side to side? Do you mean a little bit off, e.g. 1/4", or do you mean significantly, an 1" or more?

For the "large" side to side problem: some software really likes the world best when you're printing down the CENTER of the page, but many printers print smaller documents down one side, and the two don't always play together very well. If you have more than one feed tray on your printer, does one allow you to print centered rather than pressed to one side? I'm not sure I'm saying this well.

Please share the specifics of your printer manufacturer, model and settings, and maybe a low-resolution image of your designed card; that may help sort this out. :)

Archived