7 replies to this topic

#1 devondumpling

devondumpling

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hi All, me again,I still cannot get my head around my problems, so here is what I want to achieve can somebody please point in the right direction for instructions - I think it is so simple but cannot seem to grasp it !

I want to finnish up with a printed double sided folded card which is the following:

portait layout - printed pic on the front of the card

double folded card - so it will be blank on the inside

finnished size is a c6 which is approx 10. something centimetres wide and is 14.84 centimetres long

I seem to think that I should be able to print this on a piece of A5 card which is 14.84 wide and 20 centimetres long (twice the size of c6 card)and simply fold it into two, so that I finnish up with the C6 that I want.

I can set the layout ok on photoshop elements 7 ok, or I think I can

my problem seems to lie with my instructions to the printer about the paper when it comes to printing

I go to Printer Preferences and select the paper size a5, and then it all falls apart and prints out all wrong !

Does anybody know of any instructions that are 'Fool Proof' for me please???????

Or is there an easier way of printing cards ???
Sorry it is so long, but i hope to try and make my problem understood.
Thanks in advance to all!

#2 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

I'm sure we can help you figure this out. When you say it all falls apart and prints all wrong what do you mean? What printer are you using and are you trying to print through PSE or some other way? What operating system are you using? Mac? PC? Xp, vista, W7?

Once we have these answers I am sure we will have more questions. LOL
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

#3 devondumpling

devondumpling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

Thanks, I am using a Lexmark 2500, which I like, I am trying to print from PSE 7, I use windows vista,

I think I am going wrong somewhere with the protrait and landscape settings, the pic should be on the front it is being printed somewhere on the edge and even by moving it over it doesn't get any better.

There is a little symbol on the print dialogue page which can rotate the pic 90 degrees, I think that may help me?

#4 MLLatscrapgirls

MLLatscrapgirls

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

I get that dratted edge from my HP printer as well (even using the free Avery software.) It must be a software setting I can't see (I have the no border option checked in my printer options.)

My dimensions are different than yours - I ended up making my cards 8.5 by 5.5 inches and telling PSE to print them on letter size paper, 2 copies per page. If I only want one copy of that card, I print another one (like a generic thank you card) with it instead. I do used portrait in this case but I have lined it up in PSE earlier.

I hope that makes sense! Even if it doesn't help, at least you know you are not alone.
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was,the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child....
... Forest Witcraft
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image:http://scrapgirls.co...ES_MOM-Past.gif
I am not shopping; I am supporting graphic artists.

#5 DDecker

DDecker

• Members
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

Can you find a Print Preview box to check that will allow you to see the image after your click print but before it actually goes to the printer?
Posted Image

the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

#6 devondumpling

devondumpling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

Hi, yes I do.

Please forgive me if I do not reply for a while now, but it is now 9pm in the UK and I am off to watch a little TV before I go to bed, i will reply to any more tomorrow morning (for me)!

#7 DDecker

DDecker

• Members
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

No problem getting late here too. I am watching this thread so I will get an email when you post again.
Posted Image

#8 devondumpling

devondumpling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

Woohoo I have finnally figured it all out !!!! I knew it was simple but couldn't seem to understand why I was getting it so wrong.

I have finnally realised print a card that is folded into two and finnish with a protrait style design . You have treat it as a landscape!
And to print a card that will be landscape you have to treat it as a portrait !!!!!!!

I feel like such a fool !

Thank anyway to all who sent a message !
I off to make my designs now !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users