Okay All Of You Twilight/new Moon Fans ...

catinkeri

<---A very close second to my SG addiction is my Twilight series addiction. I don't ever recall not wanting to read a series of books, yet not wanting to read them because then they would be finished?!?

My DH is hilarious about my addiction. I have a Twilight folder for my desktops and often I'll switch on my computer and he'll have changed it to something he likes ... kind of a running joke and one I love!

Anyway - my excitement is that this Saturday is my New Moon date. I went out last weekend and bought my daughter, her best friend and my tickets. We are making a girl-date of it :curlers: , the movies and then lunch at some girlie place. I don't know who's more excited really me (in my *uh-hum* 40's) or my 8 year old daughter and her friend!!

So - for all of you 'older age group' people who have been too embarrassed to come out and admit you're a Twilight fan :embarrassed003: ... be afraid no more!! I LOVE TWILIGHT!!

Oh, and I'm team Edward as well!!

Roll on Saturday!! :bow4:

Stay tuned for a LO!! Any ideas on what kits to use?!?! :giggle_bear:

Carole, I going to see New Moon on Saturday as well. It's going to be a date night for my DH and I. I have the series in print, as well as, on audio books - I'm listening to Twilight right now actually. I can't wait to see the movie!!

And I'm team Edward also :)

I just used that for a WCS article that will be in the NL next month...

I'm an Edward fan... he makes me melt. I have the books on Kindle, so I can read them where ever I go. I also just bought the Blue-Ray and downloaded my free digital copy as well.

My mom and I are going to go see New Moon when we are together over thanksgiving.

I have no first hand knowledge, but my DD and her friend have purchased tickets for the midnight showing here on Thursday. She is sooo excited, as is her friend. The dads get to stay home with the kiddoes & the moms are making a night of it. I feel her excitement, but can't say as I want to join in.

You all have a wonderful time .... I may have to read the series just to understand the teams. :disappearing-smilie:

I loved the books! I have the DVD and digital copy of the movie. (Watched it on my ipod touch on the way to convention and home :D) I don't know if I'll get to see the movie in the theater. Money is tight with Christmas coming. If not I will be getting the DVD ASAP with Digital Copy :D. (I'm kind of hoping DH will take me to the theater though.)

Oh My, I CANT'T WAIT!!!! A bunch of us are going to the noon show on Friday. I was concerned to go in the evening at first because of all the "teenage screaming" going on. But, who knows, maybe the matinee show with be the 40'somethings screaming! LOL!

I went to Forks, WA this summer. I made a layout. I will post it in a bit!

TEAM Edward!

What? Hiding? NOT ME! :D I'm an avid twilight fan! :D I love it. I've got my tickets for Saturday - I'm going with my sister, and our hubbies. :) I think I'd secretly prefer to just keep it to the girls, but that's OK. It'll be fun.

Team Edward for me, although I'm ga-ga over Jacob, as well. :>

I was invited to a girls night out this Thursday for the midnight showing, but I had to turn it down. :( Hoping to get some friends together and see the movie next week. I LOVED the books. I missed the first movie in the theater and had to wait till it came out. Hoping that won't be the case this year. Have fun this weekend ladies. Enjoy yourselves.

I had to tell you something funny that happened to me yesterday.

My DH was on my computer and while he was on it I came into SG to show him our Christmas Card LOwhich he still hasn't taken the time to see ... so I opened up my profile page and then clicked onto the gallery - and then for some reason I clicked on a post I had made and he saw my Edward avatar!!

Now, since the moment you look at my desktop you see a beautiful Edward smiling back at you, all of the excitement in the house about going to see the movie on Saturday, my two copies of each book, the compendiums and other miscellaneous New Moon stuff around the house,and with the avatar he cracked up laughing and asked me if maybe I'd crossed the line between normal and obsessive. We had a good laugh about it.

I told him (for the umpteenth time) that to me HE is my Edward - except no vampire talents ... and that placated him!!

I do love my DH ... but New Moon is a wonderful series.

Stopping raving now!!

Obsession is not the word. Tonight is the midnight showing. DD is going to that, I'm waiting till Sunday. But, DD got up at 2:00am this morning to stand in line for the Today show, cause "Edward" is on it. I guess the wait was worth it. I have seen her on camera screaming a waving madly twice already.

As for me, I have my T-shirt and wearing red vampire lipstick to head to the movies with a group of us older obsessed individuals, first thing Sunday Morning. DD by that time would have seen the premeir tonight, she has tickets with friends again tomorrow, and yes, she's coming with me on Sunday.

It does pay to live in NY sometimes you know.

I didn't get the hype really, until I saw the first movie in Aug of this year... then my SIL and I did the same thing... bought the series of books! MY DH just laughed at me :D and said he didn't get it. I told him it was bizarre- like girl crack!

Last night I realized watching Shark Boy and Lava Girl for the way to manyith time that Shark Boy is Jacob!!!

sharkboy_lavagirl.jpg

Not sure which fact is scarier- one that I know who Jacob is or 2 that I made the connection ;) DH was not so excited when I pointed it out :D

I didn't get the hype really, until I saw the first movie in Aug of this year... then my SIL and I did the same thing... bought the series of books! MY DH just laughed at me :D and said he didn't get it. I told him it was bizarre- like girl crack!

Last night I realized watching Shark Boy and Lava Girl for the way to manyith time that Shark Boy is Jacob!!!

sharkboy_lavagirl.jpg

Not sure which fact is scarier- one that I know who Jacob is or 2 that I made the connection ;) DH was not so excited when I pointed it out :D

:rofl: Dh and I just recently watched the fourth Harry Potter. Towards the end DH goes, Where have I seen Cedric Digory, LOL. I had to point out that he played Edward. LOL!

I love the books and got my daughter addicted to the books as well. We have seen the first movie. This time though, my DD has to wait until next week to see the movie because I'm at Girl Guide Camp!! What terrible timing on my part!! Can't wait to see it.

Team Edward here. Only because reading about him reminded me of DH in his younger days.

I can't wait until tomorrow night to see the movie. I had a girl friend who saw it at midnight and she can't wait to see it again. Carole, I'll have to use your line and tell my DH that he is my Edward :)

I so wanted to see this today, and then my 10yo ds begged me to take him, so I guess it will be next week when school is out for us. Can't wait to hear what you ladies who have already seen it thought of it. Tell us, tell us!!!!

I am so pleased to see that there are 'others' out there. My DD's best friend is on her way around to our place so that we can sit down and watch Twilight DVD before our big morning out tomorrow to see New Moon!! Woohoo. I'm so excited.

I just love the fact that I'm not the only 'mature' person who has a bit of a thing going for Twilight!!

I was actually a day away from meeting Kristen Stewart last year, but the funny thing is I was more excited about meeting her co-star than her at that point because I hadn't heard of Twilight. As it turned out though, they had to go to a different city to finish off filming so I didn't get to meet her or the rest of the crew!! Oh well!!

So - I will see you ladies sometime over the weekend after I've had my Edward fix!! :disappearing-smilie:

So, DD got home at 4am and we finally talked. She said that seeing him has "embedded his face in my memory forever" He was so close to her, she said she was shaking.

And her exact word about the movie " Perfection...The best movie I've ever seen... Perfect".

I'm going Sunday, and she didn't get a photo of him, cause she said she was shaking and crying too much.

Ladies ... OH MY!!! Have to say - I loved it!! Can see me going to see it again next week (several times if I can). I like how it stayed true to the book as much as it could!!

Archived