5 replies to this topic

#1 Wendy J

Wendy J

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

I recently purchased a new computer - moving from Win XP to Win Vista - UGH! Because this purchase was recent, I received a coupon for an upgrade to Win 7.0 and would like to know how people are liking it. I've had so much trouble with Vista and am thinking there must be something better. Thanks in advance for any comments. Wendy
Posted Image
Hoo Loves Ya by Sarah Batdorf

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

I have been using Windows 7 since March of this year. I would highly recommend upgrading to Win7. It will not remove every little problem you have, but it will be a lot more stable. Vista was poorly designed and Microsoft new it (hence your coupon.) I would also recommend that you do a clean install. This is an option when you put the disc in. Make sure everything is backed up just in case. When you do a clean install it removes the trace of Vista on your computer. It should move the old files into a folder called Windows.old so that you can transfer all your photos and files to your new pictures folders and stuff. Once you have done this delete windows.old. (This is why it is important to back them up.) I did this with my laptop very successfully. I still have it crash a lot but that comes with the territory when buying a PC. (Macs are more stable than PCs.)Good luck!
Posted Image

#3 sunnie2004

sunnie2004

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 10,774 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am me nothing more nothing less!

Laurie in Pa took my photo for my photo! TY!!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

Issues with adobe and W7

Hope this helps!!
I have heard good things like Sara I do recomend a back up of you files already and the clean install option. There is partions of Vista left behind. I have not a problem in the world with Vista my PC came with vista and actually I love it. I have been playing with W7 at school and the differences IMO are suttle and the graphics are differnt in some areas of how you access "OS" stuff are somewhat differnt. If you had the money to upgrade do it..if you have no issues with Vista Don't do it. Also make sure what ever software you are using to scrap with it is supported by W7. CS3 is having issues and I am not sure if adobe and microsoft are dealing with this or not. I am not upgrading because of this issue.
Posted ImagePosted Image
My blog I play with pscs3 !!!
over 5055 gallery comments left!! Imagine I did this stuff

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Ro

Ro
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

I have it on my laptop (Vista kept crashing) and so far I like it . If my big computer has issues, I'll upgrade it too. But I just haven't had the issue on it like I had on my laptop. I think that's because it's a big machine and can handle Vista better.

I just wanted to mention that I put CS3 on my laptop with Windows 7 and it was an easy install and it seems to work well.

#5 Wendy J

Wendy J

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

Thank you everyone for your reply. I did check out the link regarding Adobe and Win 7.0 (I'm CS3) and because I had issues with the transition to Vista I think I'll probably wait a bit for more wrinkles to be ironed out before I make the switch. (However, as I say this, if I have any MORE issues, I may just jump right into W7.0 lol). Thanks again, I know I can always count on the SG girls to help me out. Wendy
Posted Image
Hoo Loves Ya by Sarah Batdorf

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 amanda

amanda

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

YES! But for anyone else reading this, if you're upgrading you might have issues with different drivers. I've had some problems with my wacom drivers (the newest was not the best in my case). Apparently HP is not supporting BluRay driver upgrades for Windows 7 either which has my dh hot mad! So, it's not a perfect fit but I do like it better so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users