Calling All Sg Princesses!

Zaz

Well, Rosemary and me have been talking. You see, I'm REALLY excited about the new Disney movie that coming out on December 11th - "The Princess and the Frog". I've been waiting for it for a couple of years now. :) I've seen lots of production notes, sketches, trailers and I now own the soundtrack (it came out today). I even read the junior novelization a couple of weeks ago. :) Can you tell that I'm excited about it? :D So anyway, Rosemary and I decided that it would be fun to take my daughter to see the movie together at the Mall of America on December 13th (hoping for a matinee). We would LOVE it if we could get some other SG princesses (that would be all of you) to come join us. You could bring your own daughters, granddaughters, nieces, BFFs, etc. I'm planning on having tiaras for Janae and me. Perhaps a bit of bling, too. Anyone else interested? We could get a bit to eat before or after depending on what time the movie is. We won't know that until they start offering tickets (probably in about a week or so).

While there will be no scrapping at this event, there will be plenty of scrapable memories available. :D

So, ask your questions here! I'll do my best to answer them.

I'm soooooo excited!!!

Well, Zaz I am not much of a princess but I love your idea; but alas, I am way too far away to come to go to the movies so I will just go see it here and take my own little princess to see it with me but I will be thinking of you and all the fun you are having. Would be fun to do it all together! Have a great time!

Dave said "check the map and see how far it is" LOL It's 12 hour and 40 minute drive.............I don't think I'll make it. :D

Oh, those map things are always wrong. They probably drive 30 miles an hour the whole way. ;) Find one of those impossibly low airfares. Did I mention that there is an IKEA across the street? :D Come on, Janine!!!

Oh, my princess is now 16 1/2 and more of a Twilight fan... besides which we are 1/2 a continent away... but Zaz, be sure to get some really good photos of you and Janae in tiaras!!!!!! Can't wait to see the photos and hear about your special day!!!! Give every Scrap Girl there a hug from me, 'kay??!!!!

I can only be there in spirit! However, I do have a delightful 4 year old 'friend' who LOVES princesses (she just got to go to the Disney Princesses on Ice last week & is headed to DisneyWorld in January). I am thinking I should borrow her (& her mom) get some tiaras and head to the theatre here in NE. So, I say we do the princess across the continent thing. Have a grand time!

Oh sounds like FUN! My daughters and I got to meet Paige O'Hara a couple of years ago--right before Enchanted was released. She told us where she would appear in the movie and now when we watch it we all squeal that we TOUCHED her! Many of you may know that Paige was the voice of Belle, my oldest DD's all-time favorite Disney princess. My frog-loving youngest DD is anticipating this newest one. But making the MOA in December is an impossibility.

Hey, as much as I'd LOOOOOOOOVE to have you all here, I'd still think it was wonderful if we all descended on theaters across the country to show our princess sides. :) Honestly, I want this movie to do really well. I've been following it's progress for years and at one time it was going to go straight to DVD. I was NOT happy about that. We are THRILLED that we will get to see it on a big screen. Have you seen the artwork for this movie? It's gorgeous!

I got interested in all this because Tiana, the princess-to-be, is black (as are my children) and this will be a first for Disney. I ended up loving everything I've seen so far from the story to the artwork to the beautiful music. But nothing beats your 4 year old walking into the Disney Princess toy aisle of Target and saying for the first time "Hey, she looks like ME!" And she really does. :)

Can't wait to see photos of all the tiaras everywhere!

Dave said "check the map and see how far it is" LOL It's 12 hour and 40 minute drive.............I don't think I'll make it. :D

Well, Janine, my mom always encouraged us to fold the map to shorten the distance!

Alas, even with Delta's holiday Mall of Amer specials, I just don't have the time to get away any more this year.

Have a "ball" princesses! Enjoy the M of A! (and each other, of course!)

How Beautiful! My granddaughter will be too far away and I won't have money to go to the theatre even if there is one down the street. Their matinees are almost 10 bucks each...OUCH! But I will be looking forward to seeing all the layouts that are scrapped of all the fun ya'll have!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to join you but I have to do some checking on things first. I hope it will work out! I'd love to meet anyone that can make it!!

Oh, Julie! I just noticed this and we'd LOVE to have you come join us! They haven't posted times yet, but it should be any day now. The movie opens on the 11th and the theater listings only go until the 10th. I'll post more information as soon as I have it.

I hear a rumor that Rosemary officially has her tiara so she's all set. I have to figure out how to get one in Janae's hair. Not an easy task but well worth the effort. Janae is planning on using a little green frog snap on her front braid for the occasion as well. :) Can't wait!

Archived