Hello Boutique Babes!

Good morning! Can't believe I am the first one starting this - did I miss it somewhere? If not, happy cooking and preparations everyone.

Remember there is a SALE! Shopping here will be much more fun on Friday than in the stores lol.

My husband's boss decided that today was the perfect day to schedule a meeting involving both of them in Pennsylvania. (My husband is in St Louis and he is in Connecticut.) My only consolation is that his wife is also furious with him as she planned to spend today travelling to her family. His suggestion, that she drive alone with the kids while he flew there and met them, apparently did not go over well either.

So, I am in the unique position of being free today, lol! I am going into the city in a few to see a friend, but otherwise can't do anything till we get to my mom's. (She is uber organized so I will do all my sous chef work at her place.) I am praying that nothing goes wrong with his return flight! Mom is holding dinner back till after 4:00 so we have plenty of time to get there and help.

However, love the superwoman on the sale sign, and am looking forward to the new goodies in the boutique!

If you only get a second to peek in on the thread, have a very happy Thanksgiving!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that must be it, Kim. Ironically enough my house was cleaned yesterday, and we aren't even having any one over! I keep wiping off the kitchen counter, but really its all done.

Stay calm, all you cleaners! No one will notice a little mess as long as it is covered over with love!

Hey! I'm here! lol

Maybe I should be cleaning something. Well, I'm sure I should be. But I did a lot of that yesterday. Now, it's like, what's not straightened, isn't going to get straightened. Not today anyway. Besides, no one needs to be in my bedroom sitting in the recliner there, right? Which has a pile of my laundry on it. Why is it that I try to immediately put away my husband's laundry? I fairly quickly put away the boys' laundry. But mine can take several days to get to. Argh.

Anyway...I love Angie's new collection. It reminds me of those blue and white plates people collect. I can't remember the name of it. You know what I'm talking about? Love the pops of red, too.

I don't have Thanksgiving to prepare, but I am sick. So I quickly put my products on the shelves and off I am again. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here at SG :)

Lunch break at work, Sneaking a peek to see what's happening with everyone today. No cooking or cleaning for me. I'm on long call, in the hospital 14 hours tomorrow. The kids are going to the in-laws to celebrate. Holidays in hospitals can be great because all the nurses bring great food and the cafeteria serves a bang up holiday dinner.

I am loving the superwoman super sale. I already got one fairly big order this morning, all downloaded and put away before I left for work this morning.

Oh, no. Caroline, I'm sorry you're sick. I love your paper templates.Cameras and More I love the lensflare in the one, and the spotlight effect in another. And that background on the roll! lol I didn't know what that one was for a moment. Since I use a large cloth (two pieces sewn together) for my backgrounds...clipped to whatever I can clip it to. lol

Great papers!

Ro...something fun for Thanksgiving?

Hmmm... preparing a huge meal for just the 4 of us. lol And two of the "us" are 7 year olds. (They don't eat a whole lot.) Then the fun part of figuring out how to fit all the leftovers in the fridge. :hit-head-with-hammer:

But, I am looking forward to it. I'll make the pumpkin cheesecake later today. And I've boiled the eggs. I'll make the deviled eggs later today. I think the rest I'll do in the morning while the turkey is cooking.

I think this is the first year in more than I can remember that I don't have the house loaded with Christmas decorations already. I like it this way. I usually start them the weekend before Thanksgiving. But, I like seeing my fall items out without them being overshadowed by the glitzy Christmas decorations. I think I've just started a new tradition for me. lol To wait until the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving to pull out the Christmas decorations. :mikec: (I hope that guy doesn't mind!)

I thought that the shelves would be stocked in the boutique on Friday, kind of like waiting for the day after a holiday or a Sunday for our club content. I'm sick today too and I thought I would see what's going on here to cheer me up. I was surprised to see the new items. Maybe others are thinking it will be Friday too. I get to go to my brother's house for Thanksgiving and everyone comes here for Christmas. We've been doing that for 35 years. Some of the second generation is starting to request that the holidays be moved to their houses. I guess it's time and it will be kind of nice to relax.

Isn't it a nice surprise- new stuff on a Wednesday and a sale?? Woo Hoo!

My DH "volunteered" me to bring "all of the side dishes" to my MIL's house for Thanksgiving. So I am going minimalist (relatively speaking :D) since we have to bring all of it plus 4 kiddos! Tell my why again it couldn't be at our house?? Oh well. I am thankful to have family to share the day with :D

Good Morning! How are you all doing on this Wednesday disguised as Thursday? ;)

I have so many things to do today to get ready for tomorrow and I am lacking the drive to get going on the list. Luckily we are going to the in-laws house tomorrow, so at least I don't have to clean. :)

Oh, no. Caroline, I'm sorry you're sick. I love your paper templates.Cameras and More I love the lensflare in the one, and the spotlight effect in another. And that background on the roll! lol I didn't know what that one was for a moment. Since I use a large cloth (two pieces sewn together) for my backgrounds...clipped to whatever I can clip it to. lol

Great papers!

Thank you Charlene :) and yep the background is on a roll. Photographers can buy these rolls and I thought it would be fun.

I am peeking in here another time before I lay down on the couch. My oldest has a math test tomorrow and we revised multiplications and divisions for couple of hours now. Good timing huh now that I am sick ugh! But oh well ... I probably will feel better tomorrow :)

So did I miss the announcement that Wednesday is the new THURSDAY? :rofl: I did read the newsletter at 4 am today so I am a bit bleary eyed, couldn't sleep! WOOOO HOOOOOO New GOODIES IN THE bOUTIQUE!!!!! N<----Ooops All caps got on, probably hit by my wrist brace and I'm too lazy to go back and change it all......... :rofl: sorry!

Love all the new goodies.... Trish I already have two of your three items in the scrap pack.... bummer! GUESS I'll have to get the third ........... :rofl: Don't tell DH though ;)

Yeah, Kimmy has a CLASS!!!! YOu go GIRL!

Caroline, I HOPE and pray you feel better soon! Poor dear! :o Feelin' sorry for you GF! :)

And did you see Julie White's new Christmas Collection? It's gorgeous! ..... and I LOVE the name Christmas Wonderland Collection!

I didn't expect Boutique Thursday to be today. I was expecting it to be on Friday. But today is good, and how great that there is a sale going on.Sorry to hear that you are sick Caroline. I hope you feel better real fast. Where are Debi and Rosemary? Oh, I see Rosemary now. :waving-hi:

I'm off to my Cousin Ginny's tomorrow for dinner along with my sister, Donna. The cats will have to fend for themselves until we get home. We will of course bring home some turkey for them, and us as well with some of the trimmings. So there is no cleaning for me today. Just a little bit of cooking tonight and helping Ginny out tomorrow. Friday night we're meeting some friends up at our favorite Italian Restaurant "Roma" for dinner. Saturday it's off to the 'country' to visit my cousins John and Johann and the other cousins for a small get together. Sunday I think it's just off to see a movie.

I hope that everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend.

Here are some treats boys: :banana::banana::banana::banana: Looks like no one thought about you guys today.

Hello Boutique Babes!! We got to leave work early today :having-a-party:

No cleaning or pie baking here...just relaxing and enjoying the time off!! I love all the new goodies that have shown up so far. And a sale as well?? I am sooooo thankful for the talented and generous Scrap Girls :)

I've already checked out once today - Kim's class, Angie's Simple Pleasures, and Cherise's Christmas Pop Top Templates.

Archived