Here's how to join in on the fun:
- Design a 4x6" recipe card (at 300dpi), any way you wish, using mostly Scrap Girls products -- include on the card one of your most favorite holiday cookie, candy, or other sweet treat -- something "tried and true" is preferred.
- Place your Scrap Girls message board user name (and your real name, if you wish) somewhere on the recipe card (small text is fine).
- All skill levels are encourage to participate! Even if this is your very first time digital scrapbooking or if you are a pro, please join in the fun!
- Save your design as a jpg file only, with a file name that includes your SG user name (for example my file might be called brandiev_chocolatechipcookie.jpg) -- just some way so we know who made what!
- Attach your card to an email and send to me at SGCookieExchange@gmail.com
- In the body of your email, include your your Scrap Girls user name and real name (real name is optional).
- A confirmation will be emailed to each person (usually within approx 48 hrs) who sends a recipe card so that they know their card was received.
- Cards MUST be received by midnight mountain time (MT - Utah time) on Thursday, December 10.
After all the cards have been received, I will compile them all into one or more files (depending on how many received) -- last year I believe we had close to 50 cards. Imagine that -- send in one card, get back lots! On or by December 12 each participant will receive the links (via email - the same way links come when you buy SG products) to download the recipe card files.
After you download the recipe cards, you will be able to print them out for your own recipe box or book. You don't want to miss out!
- Unfortunately, if you don't send in a recipe card, you will not be able to get a copy of all the cards. No exceptions. Your recipe card is your ticket to all the fun!
- We ask that you hold off on posting your recipe card in your gallery, Facebook, or anywhere else, until the swap is over. This way, we can all be surprised by the cards we get! You can post your own card in the gallery (with supply lists used is great) or anywhere else, anytime after December 12.
- Please no selling or giving away the finished cards on blogs, etc. The exception is that if you wish to print these cards for a Christmas gift for someone you know personally, that is fine.
- You can do more than one card if you wish - the more the merrier!
Questions? Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have! Just reply to this thread.
Ready, set, go -- it's time to design your recipe card!!!!!
When we print recipe cards, either via commercial service or at home, the image is"expanded" slightly to assure that it print all the way to the edge. When your text is in that outer zone, it can get clipped off or trimmed abruptly.
It's usually OK for papers, embellishments, to run off the edges, but the text is often very important on recipe cards. This is a lesson I've had to learn the hard way, and I know that I'm not the only one who's experienced this "trimming" effect. Thanks for listening!" RecipeCard_zones.png