Need Help Making Card Envelopes

Vianna

I want to make my envelopes to match the card papers and colors. I also would like the front and envelope flap to be different from the back and sides of envelope. Have a look at this, and I think you'll understand the "pieces" I need to make the envelope happen the way I envision:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/1848/ScrapSimple-Layer-Your-Own-Brushes%3A-Distressed-envelopes--Biggie

So the question then is:

Can I use Scrap Simple Layer Your Own Brushes tools (the one above included) to make A2 or A6 envelopes? If not, can you direct me to the proper product?

If none exist at present, is anyone thinking of creating something that would allow for this type of envelope creating?

Thank you

Vianna

Hi Vianna,

It looks like the brush product you're looking at would be used to create a digi-embellishment for a digital layout. If you want to print and cut out the results, check out the Cards and Craft Templates section of the boutique. Specific products that have envelopes "unfolded" for you to print and create real, mail-able envelopes are:

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Victorian Pop-up Tree Card

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: 5x7 Greeting Card Gift Set

ScrapSimple Card Templates: 5x5 Square

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: 6.25x4.5 Horizontal Card and Envelope

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: 4.5x6.25 Vertical Card and Envelope

There may be more - take a look around and see if there's something to meet your needs :)

HTH!

Anemone, I have seen the sets you're pointing to, but it appears that the envelope(s) in these sets is ONE whole shape that I would slide ONE printed paper over and GROUP with the envelope layer. The back flap and side flips would be the same print/color as the rest of the envelope - correct?

I'm looking for something that is customizable - something where each piece is on its own layer, so different papers and elements can be applied to different parts of the envelope; in the end I would flatten the image and print at my desired size. IN fact, I will probably want to have the Silhouette cut the finished envelope design.

I have envelope templates both as decorated PNG files, and as PDF's but they're not working for what I want to do today). Thank you for taking the time to reply, however.

Vianna (still looking)

Thank you everyone for your help & suggestions. In the end I made what I needed.

Perhaps someone here will design a template better than mine so an envelope can be put together like this, where different papers can be separately applied to each flap. Again, thank you for everything. Warm wishes for the holiday season.

Vianna

Archived