Might Have To Reinstall Os

My computer has been acting strange and I am worried that I am going to have to reinstall the OS again (YES, AGAIN!! Long story -- short moral of the story -- Don't buy a Dell!) At any rate, I have my docs, pictures, scrapbooking supplies, fonts and favorites saved on EHDs/DVDs. Am I missing anything? What should I back-up to make life easier in the event I have to do this?

TIA for advice!

Music and videos also if you have those on your computer. Your emails if using a client like Outlook, as well as the address book.

I went through the re-installing OS several times at one point on a computer. It got to the point that I used Google to store everything possible: bookmarks, emails, addresses, documents, etc. That way I had less to restore to the computer.

Good luck. I hope you can figure it out before needing to re-install.

Have you tried a really early restore? Toss the pc out the window! Just playing!!!! heheheheheheee Really copy your email addresses favorites and hmmmm make sure you deactivate the adobe software!

Makes for reinstall alot easier copy your style folder action folder and goodies like that you may have in adobe. Hope that helps!

Sunnie, you have no idea how much I would like to throw this thing out the window!!! I've had nothing but headaches since one day past the 45-day return window. Grrrrr.... However, it's working for me right now, but it was on the blink yesterday (OS wouldn't load), but it fixed itself without my having to really do anything except swear a lot and wait! I'm just trying to make it easier in the event of a crisis. Saving my PS folders is a good idea.

Thanks!

Archived