6 replies to this topic

#1 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

In my previous acdsee life I got spoiled by using the basket. It allowed a trip through my stash, selecting any items I might plan to use. It was almost like setting things up in the PSE bin.

Is there a way with picassa to pre-select my papers,elements,etc.? I now use cs4. I seem to be doing a little too much of 1 using an item and then 2having to go find the next. Otherwise I have so many windows open I get lost.
How do you set yourself up to begin scrapping a page?

Thanks,
candyK

#2 catinkeri

catinkeri

I Am At Peace When I Am In The Purple Place

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Personal Statement:SAVE THE WORLD ... It's the Only Planet with Chocolate!!!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

Candy - I don't use Picasa for this type of thing so I'm going to be absolutely no help here for you!!
The thought of being organised while digi scrapping is totally foreign to me to tell you the truth! I tend to go through my supplies for each individual LO - hence them taking so long!! But I love doing this as it reminds me of all of the stuff that I have and how I can use them.
I have my collections filed in three different ways on my PC so it's not as finicky as it sounds.
I will be interested to see what replies you get to this though.
Sorry - I said I'd be no help!!

#3 Smiles

Smiles

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,409 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

There is an ongoing Picassa thread - you might post in that as well. Our "experts" are learning as they go, trying to answer all the questions.
:)
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

I've read through the picassa thread on organizing. Now I'm trying to use the stash.
I want to know if there is a way to gather up some paper, a few embellies, an alpha and maybe a frame, and put them in one 'basket-like' place? I try to plan each layout a bit and have the pieces gathered up before I start to scrap.

I got used to gathering up supplies and then going to work. In CS4 I have little windows floating all over and crowding out my work space. Just wondered if anyone had a better workflow idea?
thanks,
candyK

#5 *bugsmama*

*bugsmama*

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Personal Statement:I used to think I was craft impaired. Now I know I just needed to find my craft...digiscrapping!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

I have been going through my stash and selecting items (just hit ctrl and then select to grab more than one item) then you can drag them all into PS. I haven't used Acdsee so I'm not sure if that helps at all...but it is how I do it. Oh and then once they are in PS I minimize all the stuff to the tray. That way I can see what I have but I don't have a billion little boxes open. Does that help at all?

ETA: I am using Picassa to do the above workflow.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Thanks. I didn't realize I could have everything somewhere other than ' floating' and it was driving me nuts!
thanks,
candyK

#7 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

I think my trouble is a CS4 question. I tried to minimize items to the tray tonight. It sounded soo simple. My program froze, then some items did not have the option to minimize--just the 'x' to close.A couple of things I could minimize, but I'm not sure why them?? so I couldn't repeat my success.

I'm trying to mass produce a bunch of recipe cards and want to open several items and just keep using them card after card. I can't find things for all the floating OR teeny tiny windows.
Help appreciated!
candyK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users