Which Backup Software?

msannie

Hi all....I just purchased a 1T WD EHD bundled with Mimeo but don't like that software much. Is it me or it? I need a user-friendly app that can also do updates fairly quickly after the initial backup.

My pictures and all my scrapbooking supplies weigh a ton, figuratively speaking, so if anyone has any recommendations,let me know!

Thanks a lot in advance. I sure need your help here!

I use Carbonite, and also have all my supplies and photographs backed up on an EHD. The only drawback that I know of to Carbonite is that it doesn't back up EHD's, but everything on my EHD is also on my desk top. I'm sure others will be here to talk about what they use for backup.

I use Mozy. I like the convenience of monthly payments.

As for a backup software for my EHD. I don't use one. I back up to my EHD manually. I don't keep mine plugged in, because I don't like the idea if something like a power surge comes through and takes out my computer, it may take the EHD with it. So once a month, I plug it in, back up my photos, documents, and digi scrap stash purchases and forget about it.

After each SG purchase, I also move the zipped files onto my EHD.

Every 6 months or so, I back up my entire unzipped digi stash on DVDs as well.

Thanks ladies, for you quick replies. I, too, use Mozy as an online backup source, but what I am looking for is an easy-to-use-and-understand software program for my external hard drive, a program that updates the files automatically.

I've experimented with Mimeo, which seemed to take eons to backup my stuff and buries my files six folders deep..... as well as with Genie Timeline. The test will come when I need to UPDATE the files, which will be at least once a week because I get a lot of Scrapgirls stuff.

Thanks again!

Thanks,Vaughnde.....I'll give Acronis a try with the trial program, that is, as soon as I get my internection connection back up, or else go to a wifi hotspot until my line gets fixed. I thought my modem went bad, but apparently it's a problem with the line, and they can't come until Tuesdday to check it out. Oh well. dial up is too slow for such a big download.

Thanks. I have seen/heard you mention Acronis before, but don't know much about it.

and to Sunnie...I'm trying to devise and easier way to backup and update than to burn a dvd and then transfer it to an EHD. Thanks for the input!

Archived