4 replies to this topic

#1 mbc72

mbc72

Keep calm and scrap on!

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

I love cookbooks! My husband thinks I am nuts because I check them out of the library and read them (don't always cook out of them, though!) I have a couple from Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, Betty Crocker, but I think it is time to invest in a new one, so what are your favorite, go-to cookbooks?

gallery_8176_229_23474.png

Button_Layout.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
SGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_Blessed.gif

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,064 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

I'm getting the Nordstrom Entertaining Cookbook for Christmas. It has the recipe for the Lime Cilantro Salad that I always order there, and I really want the dressing recipe. I get many of my recipes off blogs these days, so I read cookbooks a lot less than I used to. The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. (I'm not looking at it, so not sure if the title is in that order) has a lot of good recipes and is a fun read. They do product reviews too.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 mbc72

mbc72

Keep calm and scrap on!

• Creative Team
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

I find a lot of my recipes online, too. It's just too easy to jump on a site and type in an ingredient, then get tons of recipe options!

gallery_8176_229_23474.png

Button_Layout.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
SGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_Blessed.gif

#4 elibar

elibar

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it!

• Design Team
  • 12,085 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love your God. Learn His ways. Live for others.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

My favorite cookbook hands down is my Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook. It features a photo of every recipe. I use it at least once a week.

gallery_11196_66_57667.png
siggie credits
Elisha Barnett
my latest products (click to view):

EBA_Collection_DaffodilDays_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_PaperMini_FreshPaint_MKTG_150.jpg  EBA_CollectionBiggie_Afresh_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_BrushSet_PapercutLadies2_MKTG_150.jp

BLINKIES_Prayer.gifDesigner-sm-1.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:08 PM

For classics, I like "The Joy of Cooking"...it's huge, has everything, and we like the main courses we've tried from it. Also has a to DIE for carrot cake and cream cheese frosting recipe.
For a bit quicker cooking, I like the Pillsbury Best of the Bakeoff book, which is a compilation of many winning recipes from their bakeoff contest over the years.
I also like "How to cook Without a Book" by Pam Anderson. LOTS of good ideas there.

tn_gallery_7171_358_48818.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users