Favorite Cookbook?

mbc72

I love cookbooks! My husband thinks I am nuts because I check them out of the library and read them (don't always cook out of them, though!) I have a couple from Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, Betty Crocker, but I think it is time to invest in a new one, so what are your favorite, go-to cookbooks?

I'm getting the Nordstrom Entertaining Cookbook for Christmas. It has the recipe for the Lime Cilantro Salad that I always order there, and I really want the dressing recipe. I get many of my recipes off blogs these days, so I read cookbooks a lot less than I used to. The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. (I'm not looking at it, so not sure if the title is in that order) has a lot of good recipes and is a fun read. They do product reviews too.

My favorite cookbook hands down is my Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook. It features a photo of every recipe. I use it at least once a week.

For classics, I like "The Joy of Cooking"...it's huge, has everything, and we like the main courses we've tried from it. Also has a to DIE for carrot cake and cream cheese frosting recipe.

For a bit quicker cooking, I like the Pillsbury Best of the Bakeoff book, which is a compilation of many winning recipes from their bakeoff contest over the years.

I also like "How to cook Without a Book" by Pam Anderson. LOTS of good ideas there.

Archived