If Windows7 Was Johnny Depp

JenniferZ

I just got my laptop back today with a new hard-drive and a new intall of Windows7 Ultimate (32-bit) -- LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Everything I have so far works with it (printer, PSE, CS and CS3 upgrade, Family Tree Maker, MS Office, etc.) AND among one of the way cool features I just discovered --the font folder shows a PREVIEW of the font typeface -- right on the outside of each font file! All of my docs transferred right over from my EHD. I've only had this thing for less than 8 hours and I couldn't be happier. So much better than Vista...Oh, and it is nice to have a functioning hard-drive, too! :)

Anyway, wanted to share my experience -- so far, so good!

LOL, Debbie -- George is too clean-cut for me! :)

Thanks, Vaugnde -- My Norton 360 seems to be working....

Karen, you have no idea what a headache this computer (and more specifically -- Dell) has been for me. I finally gave up on their "customer service," even though I have over a year of my warranty left and took my machine to a local mom & pop store. They fixed me up in 2 days with NO hassles. (Though it did cost me almost $500...*sigh*)

And MLL -- I didn't get an upgrade, I bought the full platform. AND, I paid a tech to install it for me because it is scary and time-consuming, but it CAN be done! As long as all your goodies are backed-up, you should be fine. (I did have to go to HP's website and get the newest driver for my printer, but that was the only small conflict I had.) You will love Windows7!!!

:roll-on-floor-laughing: If you could mix up George with Johnny, add in a bit of Robert Pattinson (sorry ... like him), give him Patrick Swayze's dancing ability and also his ethics ... then you've got a system I'd go for!! But wait ... I already have that!! Woohoo no upgrade for me!

Glad to hear that all went well Jennifer. My DH has it here, but not sure he'll do it at the moment as he has a whole lot of security issues he has to go through when he installs something like that!! Big headache!! After our next move he'll do that though!

I like the new font thing though - sounds wonderful!!

Archived