How Do You Organize Word Art?

bjc

there is just so much great word art in my collections but i am thinking of tagging them in different categories using picasa..... what do you do with all the word art so that you can find it when you want to use it....

do you have categories for word art?

i was thinking of...

love, family, boy, girl, mom, dad, vacation, nature, heritage, photography, christmas, chanukah and more

just wondering if you tag your word art and what you do to find it simply?

I am lazy I have a folder "word art" I leave the word art eaxactly as I get it and just drag and drop to new folder. it remains it designer name or wether or not it is a quote i liked.

So far, I haven't done a whole lot with mine...I have a folder w/in my embellishments folder called WORDART...I did pull out all the Christmas and Halloween word art and moved them into other folders w/in the Embellishments folder for the respective holidays....if I get word art from a collection, I usually keep it all together in its own folder w/in word art...the rest in there is mostly freebies, I guess or word art from collections that don't have as many items.

I guess I enjoy just browsing the folders - also in Vista I can type in some keywords and it will "sort" to some extent - I haven't really tagged anything myself. Maybe I just don't have enough of a "stash" yet...

Not sure if that helped, but whatever you decide, I hope it works for you!

I keep everything grouped by collection. So my WA is in a folder with all the papers and embellies it came with. The designers have always been good about naming their files, so I usually just run a search in Picasa with a specific word like "brother" or "Family" or "photo". I usually can find what I want that way. I just use variations of each word.

I leave mine stored in collections, but tag them to:

Attributes & Qualities

Pronouns

Family (includes mother, father, sister, etc, son, etc)

Phrases (for really long stuff)

Seasons & Weather

Time

I have more, but don't have a chance at the moment to look it up. Some items are tagged to multiple categories.

I leave mine stored in collections, but tag them to:

Attributes & Qualities

Pronouns

Family (includes mother, father, sister, etc, son, etc)

Phrases (for really long stuff)

Seasons & Weather

Time

I have more, but don't have a chance at the moment to look it up. Some items are tagged to multiple categories.

thanks barbara...these are some good ideas....

I keep everything grouped by collection. So my WA is in a folder with all the papers and embellies it came with. The designers have always been good about naming their files, so I usually just run a search in Picasa with a specific word like "brother" or "Family" or "photo". I usually can find what I want that way. I just use variations of each word.

i just find that if i were to do a search just by the word...like family....so many things come up in picasa and i have to keep scrolling and scrolling and then forget what i see.... does anyone else find this frustrating?

• 1 month later...

My Word Art Folder has a sub-folder for the sample sheets to make artists and collections easy to find if I want to stay with the same collection for my layout. Then there are sub-folders for each letter of the alphabet,like a dictionary. That way when I'm looking for a word or phrase for my layout I can see all of the word art options I have for that word. I also save as word art any that I create myself from the alpha sets I have.

I started to categorise my WA once or twice but found that I had difficulty putting certain things into a certain category! And I don't want to miss out on anything, so I took the easy way out and just leave them all lumped into one. When I browse my WA I do it with thumbnails so I find that the easiest way ... it also reminds me of all of the wonderful stuff I have that I can use!!

My Word Art Folder has a sub-folder for the sample sheets to make artists and collections easy to find if I want to stay with the same collection for my layout. Then there are sub-folders for each letter of the alphabet,like a dictionary. That way when I'm looking for a word or phrase for my layout I can see all of the word art options I have for that word. I also save as word art any that I create myself from the alpha sets I have.

:daisy: Welcome to posting in the MB!!! Great system for filing WA.

I keep my Word Art grouped with its collection or if it is a standalone word art set, it goes in my Embellishment Sets folder.

Here are the categories I use to tag my WA in ACDSee:

Brushes (some word art comes as a brush--usually freebies by Jan Hicks)

Calendar (anything time related goes here)

Attributes

Everyday (so far this category has a subcat named "food" and I'm going to add as I go along)

Holiday

Quotes

Sentiments (i.e. congrats, love you, etc)

Special Occasions

SS Word Art Templates

I have at least 20 categories, and it helps a little. Some items go into several categories.

Friends & Family

Pronouns (e.g. he, she, I, we)

Attributes (e.g. caring, kind, sweet, strong)

Weather, Seasons & Environs (spring, sunny)

Activities (work, play, dance)

Phrases

Live, Life

Love

Memory, Remember

Joy, Happy, Enjoy

I think you have to evolve this over time. B)

I pull up the full sheet png's & look through them & then go to the folder I need. I have all the word art irn my 'word art' folder, but keep the original folder from the collection intact. The only thing I pull out is the full sheet. This makes is a bit easier, but I don't used word art nearly enough. There are some cool things in that folder.

i just find that if i were to do a search just by the word...like family....so many things come up in picasa and i have to keep scrolling and scrolling and then forget what i see.... does anyone else find this frustrating?

I do - I find that when I try to catalog things by names like family, love, etc. that I wind up with as many categories as I have collections! And that's a lot! So my things stay with their collections pretty much and I sometimes have to do some searching around, but when I do that, I always find something wonderful that I have forgotten about! Picasa is wonderful, but I kind of find it fun to just go through my collections once in awhile - and find something that I bought yesterday or two years ago! Who said we weren't working we when are scrapping? LOL

I just tag them with what it says if it is short. If it is long, then I just tag it with what it is about. So, when I look for a certain thing, I just look at my tag list and click on that word and when everything comes up, I can find one.

Archived