Photo

Does Anyone Know Anything About Preset Viewer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Laylajean

Laylajean

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:06 AM

I saw this mentioned in a newsletter I get. Supposedly, after you tell it where to look, it will display your Adobe Presets, styles, shapes, brushes, etc., whether they are loaded in Photoshop or not, and on any drive. It's only $25.00 or so which would be well worth it if it did what it says it does. It's by a company called TumaSoft, nobody I've heard of.

Thanks,

Laylajean

#2 elibar

elibar

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it!

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love your God. Learn His ways. Live for others.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

That looks kind of interesting - but I don't know anything about it.

Currently I put the marketing image of my brushes, styles, and actions in my folder system and have them appropriately named. I organize my folder system with Picasa - so it just takes a quick search term to pull them all up. But that doesn't include the ones that are preinstalled in PSE - but I rarely use those anyway.

gallery_11196_66_57667.png
siggie credits
Elisha Barnett
my latest products (click to view):

EBA_Collection_DaffodilDays_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_PaperMini_FreshPaint_MKTG_150.jpg  EBA_CollectionBiggie_Afresh_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_BrushSet_PapercutLadies2_MKTG_150.jp

BLINKIES_Prayer.gifDesigner-sm-1.pngelephantsflyblinkie.gif

#3 JenniferZ

JenniferZ

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts
  • Personal Statement:Strong Women: May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Haven't heard of it, though it would be a nice feature to have. Keep us posted if you get it!

spring10siggy.png
Button_Designer.pngSGblinkie.gif

#4 Laylajean

Laylajean

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

Haven't heard of it, though it would be a nice feature to have. Keep us posted if you get it!

Well, I got it. At that price, it was worth a shot. So far, I've been very pleased with it. I set it up to see the files installed in PS and all my other ones installed on my EHD. It found them all. Even the ones in subfolders. It has 3 views, small, large, and extra large. It won't load anything in PS, but that's okay. I'm just very happy to see everything. Among the styles, there have been a couple of files, it's called unviewable although I don't know why; I see them just fine in PS. None that were SG, though. <g>

There does seem to be some graininess(?) which makes me think the color palette is small. I wouldn't consider it a big issue since you're just finding things not editing them. I think you might be able to change that, though.

From the user guide, these are the file extensions, it will find.

One of the first things you want to do is set up your preferences. By default, Preset Viewer will search all available drives for the following file types:

Image Files: .bmp, .dib, .jp1, .jp2, .jpg, .png
Adobe: .abr, .acb, .aco, .act, .ase, .asl, .csh, .pat, .psd
Jasc: .jbr

Here's a link if you want to check it out.

http://www.tumasoft.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users