Husbands Bday Pressie-email/photo Scrapbook/album

Guest Katrina

Guest Katrina
Hi all,

My husband works overseas frequently for many weeks at a time and again for the second year in a row (last year was his 40th) he is going to have to spend his birthday alone.

So for a special present for him that he could take with him on other trips too, I wanted to put together a scrapbook/album which would be a combination of some of my emails to him as well as some erotic but tasteful B&W photo's of me.

I am modelling/signing a release in exchange for a CD of photo's of me (which is great coz it saved me $500 on photographers fees I dont have) and although I dont have them yet, (shooting this Monday), I want to get started on sorting out how to present the emails and the photo's in an album (I was thinking hadmade album but not necessarily if something I could buy would work as well).

Anyway, my questions are:

I am having a hard job working out which font/colour paper/type of paper etc would look best with the black & white photo's?????

also the cover looking for ideas there too...what has worked for you???? I was thinking that I would have one of the photo's on the cover but not sure how to make it look great?

My husbands fav colour is grey/silver...so I was thinking a black and grey or silver colour scheme could work well especially with the B&W photo's.

Anyone done anything similar or just have some great ideas for me PLEASE???

FYI, I am located in a smallish town in New Zealand so supplies here may be somewhat limited especially as I have only about 10 days to do it as it needs to reach him for his bday on 13th this month.

I am totally new to this but REALLY want to make something nice for him.

Thanks SO much for any advice/experience you can offer...

Kind regards
*smile*
Katrina

Guest kitiekat4U
yeh the black a silver sounds great. or just BW with a small splash of color. i would like to see some.

Guest Katrina
Hi again :)

Thanks for the welcome and your suggestions, I sure appreciate them.

I did find the BG black tie collection and I really like it.... so maybe that might work if I can find it here in NZ

I am brand new to all this but do consider myself pretty artistic and detail orientated (now if I could just get all the things finished I start! LOL)

As we originally met online, and as we send each other romantic emails almost every day, they are an intrinsic part of our relationship which is why I want them to be a significant part of the album.

I actually still have EVERY email that we have ever sent each other so it is becoming quite a job just sorting through them and picking the best ones to use.

I am still really struggling the most with working out how to present the emails, ie, font, colour, paper etc?????

I did see a really cool store album I liked (kinda pricey $75 but because I am getting photo's done for nothing I can afford to spend a little more on the materials I need). It has a dull silver textured fabric cover with a cutout for photo. The interior is all plain black pages that would require photo corners.

Idea with this???

Thanks SO much all you amazingly talented people!
Have a great day!
Katrina

Here in the States you can get fabric for ink jet printers, (Blumenthal Craft) which you can then adhear to a scrapbook cover. I have used it for a few projects and really like it. After printing the image I run it through my Xyron to add adheasive.

Good luck and show us what you come up with (if appropriate that is!) lol

Archived