Internet Explorer

Vaughnde

I use Win XP. Somehow in the last update with windows it now has a security lock on the top of the IE bar and it strips all my pictures from my emails in gmail including the ones in the newsletters. How the heck do I get rid of that security lock thats on IE? I can see everything in google chrome but for some reason google chrome loads slower than IE and I deleted firefox because it would not allow me to click on links in the chat room no matter what I did with the firefox change. Any suggestions of what browser to use with XP that will NOT cause me any headaches???

I might add this only shows up for google gmail which is my homepage. It does not show up when I click on scrap girls messageboard or forums or boutique.

Vaughnde, that's so weird! Is there anything in the tools tab along the top of your browser that might help? Try selecting Tools>Internet Options and see if there's something there you can check or uncheck that might help resolve the problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help...

What version of IE are you using? I use XP as well so will take a look if you'd like. I know in Outlook it doesn't automatically download images unless you tell it to from each individual sender (I have told it to always download the SG emails). It does that for security sake because some people put viruses in their images.

Maybe you should check the security tab in IE?

Archived