It's Boutique Wednesday! Wooooo Hoooooo!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else tried to use the extra coupon? I noticed this morning it was listed two different ways in the newsletter, and I tried both of them, and neither one would work.

The correct code is SantaSays_ENJOY! That's what is on the coupon, I'll let Becca know the text in the NL is incorrect.

Has anyone else tried to use the extra coupon? I noticed this morning it was listed two different ways in the newsletter, and I tried both of them, and neither one would work.

The correct code is SantaSays_ENJOY! That's what is on the coupon, I'll let Becca know the text in the NL is incorrect.

Thank you Valerie! :)

Designers, thank you for all the beautiful new things in the boutique today. Thursday has clearly become my favorite day of the week! And every week, it seems like I also discover things that may look like old stuff to you, but they're new to me.

You know, I can't believe all the gorgeous things I've accumulated this year. You are such a talented bunch, and you never cease to amaze me. If I had only found you sooner! And you gave me the inspiration to keep at it during that frustrating period when I first started and was feeling overwhelmed. I've learned so much this year, but I feel so behind! But, as I've said, I'm really starting to relax and have fun.

My mom has 2 rooms FULL of fabric at her house. And then there are the book shelves full of books on quilting and sewing related things. And here I sit in my cozy chair with my laptop on my lap, and I feel like I have a couple of rooms full of the coolest stuff ever and the best inspiration and instruction anywhere. It's really just amazing when you think about it, isn't it? All in this little black box sitting on my lap (backed up on my EHD of course!).

And I've heard Scrap Girl after Scrap Girl admit that the shopping is just is fun as the scrapping. So thanks to each of you for a wonderful year, and an amazing new hobby. I love that I can visit the boutique 24/7 right here from home. For those of you that might not know, I have two foster daughters that have special needs that my husband (who is a nurse) and I take care of. Because of privacy laws, I am not allowed to post any pictures :( . But both of them have been a huge part of my family for many years. But the reality is, because of the amount of care they need, I am needed at home as much as possible. Fortunately, I have a super sweet husband who works tirelessly side-by side with me to take care of them. But Scraps Girls has been such a blessing to me.

Coming to convention was such a treat for me, too. I have always been an artsy/craftsy person. I've tried a lot of things, and enjoyed them all. But digital scrapping is just so cool. I wasn't sure that digital files could satisfy my need to create, you know, the tactile satisfaction. But you all, through your never ending creativity have proved to me that it can!!! And getting to meet some of you in person just sealed it for me. You're the most kind,creative, talented, caring, professional group of people you could ever dream of meeting!!!

So thank you for a wonderful 2009, and I can't wait to see what you dream up in 2010!

Thanks, Valerie. I'll have another go at checking out.

Cathy, I so enjoyed meeting you at convention! I love your tribute to Scrapgirls - it is such an amazing place!

And I just jumped back in and can see from the postings that I missed some stuff (cannot believe I did not see Durin's new stuff - must go back lol) but must just say

:thankyou:

for those awesome crosses, and for coming up with them after our thread just yesterday! I am also thrilled that they are only set one!

:having-a-party:

That's super Amanda! Love the Scrap Pack :)

Cathy your words are just beautiful, and it's been so wonderful getting to know you too! You are a special part of SG and I love hanging out with you on the MB and on Thursdays in the BB thread, as well as other places... So wish I could have met you in SLC!!! :) Maybe sometime in the next two years :lol:

Thanks, Valerie. I'll have another go at checking out.

That coupon code did not work for me - says not found - any one else know the right code?

Thank you, Rosemary - it worked after three tries - not sure why it didn't work the first times - appreciate your help so much - you are always so helpful and always here with an answer.

Thought that I was finished shopping this morning, but now Amanda added to her beautiful Reawakenings and Valerie posted the So Sweet Zip Kit- love them! Dotted swiss is one of my favorite things in the world and is impossible to find, and crocheted lace is another favorite!

My first bedroom curtains after I got married were white dotted swiss priscillas- LOL- loved them! They "date" me.

Oh, I know - I love the dotted swiss too - have had to promise myself not to look anymore! But I know I will have to take a peek tomorrow morning - can't help myself!

Night all - have fun and be sure and keep me posted on any more new stuff - gosh I just checked it one last time and now I find out something else new has been added!

I do love Thursday on Wednesday, hehehehehe! I've already checked out twice during this sale (had to break up my large order to make it a teensy bit more manageable to download). Hm, now I'm thinking about checking out a third time. Think my DH would notice? lol! I could probably justify it by saying it was all my Christmas money from my parents and grandparents, hehehehe

Well I came to play VERY late in the day... but I'm happy to say I helped bump Boutique Wednesday to a second page of new items :) You probably wouldn't notice without a bit of a heads up because my new collection is showing on the second page of What's New? so I thought I'd come give you a little nudge to go peek.

You could say I'm a bit late for the Twilight/New Moon movie craze, but I prefer to think I'm just early for the Twilight/Eclipse excitement LOL (coming in June 2010 to a theater near you hahaha). And the books are timeless, really, so I'm neither early nor late? Or maybe I'm just a bit overzealous for Valentine's Day? Take your pick and enjoy! :D

Seriously though, sorry it's so late in the day. Would have loved to be part of the BB enthusiasm earlier! Darn time zone difference and newbie learning curve :)

Thought that I was finished shopping this morning, but now Amanda added to her beautiful Reawakenings and Valerie posted the So Sweet Zip Kit- love them! Dotted swiss is one of my favorite things in the world and is impossible to find, and crocheted lace is another favorite!

My first bedroom curtains after I got married were white dotted swiss priscillas- LOL- loved them! They "date" me.

I had white dotted swiss curtains in my bedroom when I was in high school. They were made to order by my talented mom's hands, and I loved them!!!! I made some for my daughter's room when she was little. Dotted swiss is kind of a "comfort" fabric (is there such a thing, sort of like comfort food?), it just makes you feel good. Kind of takes you back to a simpler time.

That's super Amanda! Love the Scrap Pack :)

Cathy your words are just beautiful, and it's been so wonderful getting to know you too! You are a special part of SG and I love hanging out with you on the MB and on Thursdays in the BB thread, as well as other places... So wish I could have met you in SLC!!! :) Maybe sometime in the next two years :lol:

Rosemary, I can't wait to meet you either! You know you have been special to me from the very beginning. I didn't tell you and Zaz, but I found myself checking google maps to see how long it would take to drive to Minneapolis to go to the movie with you. It was something like 11 hours and 42 minutes. And then I caught myself checking flights, and it would been almost $600. A bit pricey for a two-hour movie, but hey, I was tempted!

And I know there were many others who were there in spirit! Two years seems like a long time. But then again, time is flying so fast when I think about things. Anyway, I know we're going to feel like old friends by then!

Ariadna i used these Brush Set: Reversed Paint - Months Super Biggie from your 4 X 6 calendar pages and they are terrific! I still need to take a photo of my calendar, it turned out awesome!

Thanks, Rosemary, I'm glad you like them!

These are the same brushes I used for my calendar templates - but those sold as a separate set are large - about 2500px wide. So they can be easily used for titles in your 12x12 in. layouts. Those included in the calendar set are pretty small (the calendar page measures 4x6 in). They're still great for adding dates to your pages though! Make use of them too :) That's the beauty of digital scrapbooking.

Can't wait to see your calendar!

Cathy, I so enjoyed meeting you at convention! I love your tribute to Scrapgirls - it is such an amazing place!

And I just jumped back in and can see from the postings that I missed some stuff (cannot believe I did not see Durin's new stuff - must go back lol) but must just say

:thankyou:

for those awesome crosses, and for coming up with them after our thread just yesterday! I am also thrilled that they are only set one!

:having-a-party:

Oh Marylou, thank you for the sweet words! At first I was a bit afraid you were thinking "Oh does this woman ever stop talking?", but at some point you must have realized the answer was "no, never", but decided it was okay anyway, LOL. I so enjoyed having breakfast with you, too. Yes, I do talk a lot, but I like to listen too.

Believe it or not, my DH is a really quiet man, somewhat shy even around friends and family. But he says he doesn't mind me talking so much, because then he doesn't have to! And I sometimes go weeks without leaving my house, because someone has to be home with the girls at all times. My DH runs most of the errands because I do better at staying in. One of my daughters has just gotten more medically fragile as she's gotten older, and can't get out like she used to. So when I do get out, I make up for it!

My parents and my sister are all quiet, low key, reserved type people, too. I tell them it's all their fault I'm like I am, because I grew up having to talk for a family of four.

So thank you for your reassuring words. I always look forward to seeing you here on the MB.

Ang, you forced me to go back into the boutique and had to add your collection to my, what was an empty cart. Love Irrevocable Collection. Now it's starting to fill up again. Found a few more items, Pangaea Earth Paper Mini and of course Pangaea Water Paper. Couldn't resist. I really, really needed them.

Glad you like it Carol!

And those Pangaea papers are fabulous aren't they?

Well I came to play VERY late in the day... but I'm happy to say I helped bump Boutique Wednesday to a second page of new items :) You probably wouldn't notice without a bit of a heads up because my new collection is showing on the second page of What's New? so I thought I'd come give you a little nudge to go peek.

You could say I'm a bit late for the Twilight/New Moon movie craze, but I prefer to think I'm just early for the Twilight/Eclipse excitement LOL (coming in June 2010 to a theater near you hahaha). And the books are timeless, really, so I'm neither early nor late? Or maybe I'm just a bit overzealous for Valentine's Day? Take your pick and enjoy! :D

Seriously though, sorry it's so late in the day. Would have loved to be part of the BB enthusiasm earlier! Darn time zone difference and newbie learning curve :)

Ang it's awesome and I LOVE it!!!

Archived