Major Lag In Cs4 When Using My Bamboo

Kacie

So, I just got my Bamboo Craft for a Christmas present, and after playing around with it a bit, I decided to try it out on a LO I was working on. That's when I noticed the major lag in Photoshop. I was using the brush tool, and I could paint a few strokes and then I would literally have to wait a minute before I could do anything else. The strokes show up immediately, but once I take the pen off the tablet, CS4 hangs up and I can't do anything else. Then after about a minute it lets me resume with the brush or move on to a different task. The same thing occurs with the clone tool as well. I downloaded updated drivers from Wacom's website, I restarted my computer, I closed other open programs, and I checked my activity monitor, but there is plenty of free system memory (I have 4 GB). I am running CS4 on a Mac, and I'm not sure what to try now...please help! I'm sad my new toy won't work... :(

So, I just got my Bamboo Craft for a Christmas present, and after playing around with it a bit, I decided to try it out on a LO I was working on. That's when I noticed the major lag in Photoshop. I was using the brush tool, and I could paint a few strokes and then I would literally have to wait a minute before I could do anything else. The strokes show up immediately, but once I take the pen off the tablet, CS4 hangs up and I can't do anything else. Then after about a minute it lets me resume with the brush or move on to a different task. The same thing occurs with the clone tool as well. I downloaded updated drivers from Wacom's website, I restarted my computer, I closed other open programs, and I checked my activity monitor, but there is plenty of free system memory (I have 4 GB). I am running CS4 on a Mac, and I'm not sure what to try now...please help! I'm sad my new toy won't work... :(

I don't really know Macs but just one question? Did you previously have a Wacom? I got the new Wacom Fun Pen & Touch and installed it and it was so slow and unresponsive and I previously had an older model Wacom on my PC. I uninstalled the new one, uninstalled the old one, restarted my PC and then reinstalled the new with the latest drive. It now works great with CS4.

Sorry - that's all I have to offer - hopefully someone will have more suggestions for you.

Archived