January Jumpstart 2010!

AngRoCamp

Task 2: During the last sale I bought Valerie's Colour Me Creative book. One of the teasers for me was teaching how to load color swatches. Since I use PSE 7, I figured I was out of luck, so the few times I've used the kuler site, I have written down the hex numbers to recreate the colors on my own. Now, I found out that I can go to Window>Color Swatches and from the 'more' drop down menu "Load Swatches". The new swatches show up at the bottom of the palette. And THEN I read again and learned that with the color swatch palette open I can just drag and drop the saved swatch from its folder into PSE and it automatically goes to the bottom of the palette.

I notice that this color swatch window has a Preset Manager, so I'm wondering if I can load swatches in categories like I do brushes (the way Shalae teaches in her brush book.)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #2: I took Jene's 3D Text for PS class a few months ago knowing I couldn't attend the chats. Well you guessed it, I never made time to learn it on my own either. So I read through the first .pdf today and it looks pretty doable/easy! :) Due to proprietary reasons I can't let you in on the .pdf, but I can say it looks like an EXCELLENT class and you should take it next time it's offered;) :)

I use PSE4 & have gotten comfortable with the shortcuts I am familiar with. Today I explored a bit with magic wand & found that it's pretty cool - I might have to mess around with this a little more. :)

Task 2 -- I looked for my videos but couldn't find them, so will have to re-download them. I looked in the University briefly after looking up the order that contained the videos so I could refer to it my email plea to re-download. Then finally I just played around with tools in my PSE5 that I have largely ignored so far.

I have only tried using the magic wand tool when I'm extracting something from the background, on large patches of the same color. I never looked at the options bar at the top of the screen. (That's the case with some other tools too! It amazes me how I've been learning PSE5 for 3 years and still have a lot to master.) Today I tried using the magic wand tool on a dotted paper. At first clicking just highlighted a portion of one dot. Then I noticed the Contiguous check box. I had heard something about that in past so a lightbulb went off and what do you know, all the dots of the same color got highlighted with my next click! I played around with the paper another minute and ended up with something only barely resembling the original paper. If I spent more time on it imagine what I could create! :D

A simple but really awesome and helpful thing for me..I found a "Check Spelling" option in the edit menu (CS4). I'd been frustrated that I didn't have a spellcheck. Now I just need to find out if I can turn it on to check automatically while I type. Anyone know?

THANK YOU!!!! I didn't know I had this! I learned something new...from you, lol

Task #2

I've been plugging away at PSP9 since the first of Oct 2009 and have learned quite a bit from the University and forums. It is a liitle slow to find the information that you need, especially if you're not sure what you do need. lol So, I finally broke down and bought Ro's 'Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed,' video.

I went to video 16 and found out that I could make my own brushes! Imagine that! It was interesting to watch the video and even more fun to apply it. Thankyou Ro, for making such helpful videos. I will be buying, 'More Scrapbook Secrets Revealed' when I have gone through this set and I wish I had bought this set when I first started. :-)

SO SORRY! I'm just barely now able to get to the computer for the first time today (which I recognize is already "tomorrow" for some of you!) It's been a rough couple days. I apologize for making you all wait for your tasks. You only have to put up w/me for one more day then someone more reliable will be taking over ;)

Anyway, here are tasks #3 AND #4 since it's technically January 4th on the East Coast :)

Task #3 - Think of something you've always wanted to know how to do in digiscrapping but haven't taken the time to learn yet. Post a question on the Message Board asking how to do that thing you've always wanted to know how to do!

Requirement: Post in this thread and include your question and the link where you posted your question.

Task #4 - Create a layout using a photo/photos from Task #1 and the thing you learned in either task #2 or task #3.

Requirement: Post your layout in the gallery and come back to this thread and link us up.

Task # 3: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=44008 I asked a question about posting credits to our layouts in the gallery.

Task # 4: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/uploads/1262057841/gallery_12202_197_200122.jpg

I used what I learned-spell check

Task #2: I watched a video tutorial on using the distort->polarize option under the filter category in PSE. Love being able to create circles from straight elements and lines. This filter is really versatile and I can see myself using it a lot!

Well, this is me for the Tasks..... I did so well cleaning up everything. I even bought a 1.5TB Seagate external drive and cleared out my 2HD's on my Qosmio Toshiba laptop. Stored everything on it and did a disk fragmentation with the intention to reload all my photos and digi scrap files and pages I have designed back onto my laptop and use the external hd as backup. This morning when I wanted to reload all my photos and digi stuff the hd refused to work. In a total panic I took it in to have a look at. Well it was immediately sent to Datatec for recovery.....but it was unsuccessful. Lost everything...my photos since 2002! So I am licking my wounds and I am trying to find any cd's or forgotten memory sticks or any camera with a card in it. So ladies I am spinning right now....

Well, this is me for the Tasks..... I did so well cleaning up everything. I even bought a 1.5TB Seagate external drive and cleared out my 2HD's on my Qosmio Toshiba laptop. Stored everything on it and did a disk fragmentation with the intention to reload all my photos and digi scrap files and pages I have designed back onto my laptop and use the external hd as backup. This morning when I wanted to reload all my photos and digi stuff the hd refused to work. In a total panic I took it in to have a look at. Well it was immediately sent to Datatec for recovery.....but it was unsucessful. Lost everything...my photos since 2002! So I am licking my wounds and I am trying to find any cd's or forgotten memorysticks or any camera with a card in it. So ladies I am spinning right now....

I am so sorry that you are having this problem. I hope you are able to find a way to recover at least some of your stuff. I have lost a few photos in the past, but never a huge amount. I've been lucky, and I am now trying to be really careful about backing everything up.

Archived