January Jumpstart 2010!

AngRoCamp

Well, this is me for the Tasks..... I did so well cleaning up everything. I even bought a 1.5TB Seagate external drive and cleared out my 2HD's on my Qosmio Toshiba laptop. Stored everything on it and did a disk fragmentation with the intention to reload all my photos and digi scrap files and pages I have designed back onto my laptop and use the external hd as backup. This morning when I wanted to reload all my photos and digi stuff the hd refused to work. In a total panic I took it in to have a look at. Well it was immediately sent to Datatec for recovery.....but it was unsuccessful. Lost everything...my photos since 2002! So I am licking my wounds and I am trying to find any cd's or forgotten memory sticks or any camera with a card in it. So ladies I am spinning right now....

i am so sorry...you must be in lots of pain...wish i could help

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #4 - I used a photo I downloaded from DH's camera on day #1. We were Christmas shopping and I stopped to take a picture of the reindeer. A young couple stopped and offered to take our picture, so here is the result. The bag had writing on it from a store in the mall, so I used the clone tool to remove the writing, as I felt it detracted from the photo.

Christmas Shopping

ok...now not sure if this will count but for task #4 i did do a lo..i tried all the different great ideas i had learned from my post on the mb about changing colors but in the end i didnt use anything that i had changed the color of... i am still having a little trouble with doing it and i suspect depending on the embellishment it can be easy to do or not but in task #2 i learned about setting up my own workspace so in making the lo i did take advantage of my very ownworkspace with a 'personalized palette"

anyway...i did get a lo done cause of task #4 and the jj...so here is first time sledding

not sure where we are suppose to post lo so i posted it in a gallery of baby lo ...is there a special gallery?

ok...now not sure if this will count but for task #4 i did do a lo..i tried all the different great ideas i had learned from my post on the mb about changing colors but in the end i didnt use anything that i had changed the color of... i am still having a little trouble with doing it and i suspect depending on the embellishment it can be easy to do or not

anyway...i did get a lo done cause of task #4 and the jj...so here is first time sledding

not sure where we are suppose to post lo so i posted it in a gallery of baby lo ...is there a special gallery?

I asked that question earlier. I finally just posted it in a general album of mine.

Task 2: I liked the Smart Object feature in PSE 7 and missed it in PSE 8, so I looked it up and lo and behold if you File Place, it will come in as a Smart Object. Nice for being able to enlarge a photo - not so nice for using kits, as it won't name the layer (in PSE 8, dragging up to add your paper or item automatically gives it the layer name.)

I have a lot of photos that I took at a distance and need to zoom in on, so I love being able to do it this way!

Edited to add: I just caught up on the rest of this thread - forget my own question, I want to read the answers to some of these, lol! But really wanted to say how sorry I am Michelle! Hope you will be able to find those photos somewhere!

Task 3: a question about Snap To in PSE 8 http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=44029

And for Task 4: I used the Smart Object with File Place to bring in my photos and enlarge them (they were all taken from the back or sides of the sanctuary so needed a lot of cropping)

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=94836

(in the Holiday gallery)

ok...now not sure if this will count but for task #4 i did do a lo..i tried all the different great ideas i had learned from my post on the mb about changing colors but in the end i didnt use anything that i had changed the color of... i am still having a little trouble with doing it and i suspect depending on the embellishment it can be easy to do or not

I asked that question earlier. I finally just posted it in a general album of mine.

I did a search in the Gallery for January Jump Start because they did one last year, and found a bunch of layouts in the gallery called Scrapgirls Challenges / General Message Board Challenges. That's where I'll put mine.

Well, this is me for the Tasks..... I did so well cleaning up everything. I even bought a 1.5TB Seagate external drive and cleared out my 2HD's on my Qosmio Toshiba laptop. Stored everything on it and did a disk fragmentation with the intention to reload all my photos and digi scrap files and pages I have designed back onto my laptop and use the external hd as backup. This morning when I wanted to reload all my photos and digi stuff the hd refused to work. In a total panic I took it in to have a look at. Well it was immediately sent to Datatec for recovery.....but it was unsuccessful. Lost everything...my photos since 2002! So I am licking my wounds and I am trying to find any cd's or forgotten memory sticks or any camera with a card in it. So ladies I am spinning right now....

I totally know how you feel! I did the same. Can you take your computer in and search that?

Task 4: Redeemer's Fellowship

I used two of the photos I uploaded in Task 1 and the Film/Filter effects to Photos in Task 2. Using Vivid Film Look on the smaller photos and Glamour Film Look on the Photo of myself with my grandson Jamie. I also applied a Mask I had installed in PSP 3 years ago Beci B. #213 that I used on one of the papers and blended it in to the background linen paper.

Task #5 is Speedbump #1! It's great to be focused on tasks and goals, but sometimes it's just as important to have fun and allow a little distraction into our lives. Sooooooo...it's game time! I've hidden one of my favorite little embellishments on a virtual dart board with 100 spaces. Try to find the embellishment by guessing numbers between 1 and 100. The first to guess the correct number gets bragging rights and we all get to enjoy the thrill of the hunt! The only rules are 1) you can only guess one number per post and 2) you must wait for one other person to post a number guess before you can guess again. Post guesses in the Jumpstart chat thread. Have fun! (I'll be back by 3 p.m. MT to let you know if anyone has guessed correctly!)

Guest JessicaLeigh

Task #2 - Quick Selection tool – I did not understand what this tool did, but I figured I should learn as it could probably save me some time, so I tried it out on my January desktop to help me isolate Rena’s smile so that I could correct the shadowning. Man, it didn’t take me 2 seconds to select exactly what I wanted. This tool will make extractions oh so much easier and quicker. Now I have to remember to use it instead of making odd shaped selections the hard way! And the tolerance selection is the trick LOL! It took me quite a few tries to get it right but it was still faster than the lasso way!<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

task 3 - type paths

Michelle - SO sorry to hear about your loss! I myseteriously lost my hard drive (the whole thing!) when we were moving in Aug '08. It had 2 yrs worth of pictures on it, inlcuding our 10th anniversary, several important events, my son's coolest b-day party ever (Captain Jack Sparrow showed up!), my son's baptism when he got saved, & the birth of my best friend's DD + a HUGE family trip to the Grand Canyon, the redwoods, & the ocean. All gone. + TONS of brand new digi stuff from atomic cupcake & scrap girls. I totally understand! I really hope you can get them recovered, and if not try asking friends & family members if they have any pictures they can share with you. I have learned that some is better than none.

I got on board a little late, so I'm trying to get caught up. :P I've been getting SG newsletters for about a year now and have made a few purchases, but just started checking out the message boards. I'm glad I did, this site is awesome! Anyway...

#1 - done

#2 - I read an article about enhancing photos using "blur" and overlay in Photoshop.

#3 - question posted here about making wavy text in Photoshop

#4 - used what I used in #2 in this layout:

med_gallery_19056_4084_32514.jpg

i have been babysitting dgs all day ... he is in for his nap so this is my first time at sg today.... is there a task #5 yet? dont want to miss out

See Angela's post #79 in this thread. The game has been done already and winner announced in the JJ chat thread as well. It went fast. I think I got in three numbers myself before game ended. LOL

i have been babysitting dgs all day ... he is in for his nap so this is my first time at sg today.... is there a task #5 yet? dont want to miss out

See Angela's post #79 in this thread. The game has been done already and winner announced in the JJ chat thread as well. It went fast. I think I got in three numbers myself before game ended. LOL

thanks for letting me know... sorry i missed it .... does this unqualify me to be in jj ?

Archived