January Jumpstart 2010!

AngRoCamp

Task #26

Find one of your layouts that you were either never fully satisfied with, that you created as a beginner digiscrapper, or that you created on paper but haven't done digitally yet.(No posting requirement for this task)

ang...does this lo have to be something you had posted in sg gallery? or just can be on your computer ?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #26

Find one of your layouts that you were either never fully satisfied with, that you created as a beginner digiscrapper, or that you created on paper but haven't done digitally yet.(No posting requirement for this task)

ang...does this lo have to be something you had posted in sg gallery? or just can be on your computer ?

Anywhere you've got it stored :) Even on your bookshelp in a paper scrapbook. There's no requirement that it be shared in your SG gallery.

Task #27

Locate a Scrap Girls product in your stash that you've never used. If you've used each product in your own stash, download an available SG freebie or make a purchase in the SG boutique so that you can work with something you've never used on a layout before.

Requirement: Link to the product in the boutique.

eden templates

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/10272/ScrapSimple-Digital-Layout-Templates%3A-eden

this is one of the first things i bought...but didnt know how to use at the time.... and also wasnt good at organizing...when i saw kim meeder's lo in the weekly nl with the freebie i thought the template looked familiar so i searched and found it and now i have it all tagged in acdsee ( which i hadnt) so thanks for this challenge...helped me find some thing i didnt even know i had...lol

I have this tape from this snow collection. I have no idea what to do with it. But I have it. Not sure if I used much of this set. We had no snow this winter. Heck it looks like spring here today. Here is the kitsnow fun

Task #27: I bought this collection, waaaaayyyy baaaacccckkkk, and I don't think I every used it.

Chronicles

Ang you are very funny: "If you've used each product in your own stash". :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

With over 400+ collections in my stash, I'll never even use half of what I've got.

Task # 21-24 done!!

block party

this was a block party from last summer, I used the park play journalling block. I word searched carnival becasue nothing came up for block party. I got two that I liked but only one worked because I only have one good photo. My Inspiration by scrapingjo. http://http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=29414

Task #28

Well I read up on lyer mask. Don't even know the term. I know I have some masks but have never used them! Heck didn't know what they were! I just bought some to make pictures float but that was a couple of weeks ago and still havn't used them. have a feeling I will be !!!

Adding a realistic drop shadow - duplicate the layer & desaturate, place in a natural position & blur. Why didn't I ever think to do that? duh! I never actually tried to check out the university, I should check it out again later for more tips. :)

this was a great challenge cause i also don't really think to use the university..... so this got me doing something new.... btw..i didnt see a search at the university...is there one?

task # 28

basic intro to using scrapsimple paper templates

open the template, create a new layer above it and fill with the color of your choice...then use a clipping mask to clip it to the template below..voila!

if you want to use more than one color then use the magic wand to select the area on the template you want to color with color 1 if it selects just one gray area on the template and you want more of that same gray area then go to select ---similiar and more will be selected... go to edit ---fill and chose the backround or foreground color...click ok and you will see the areas you have selected become the color you have chosen..follow same steps with different areas of the template that you want to color with different colors

Task #28 - I found a tutorial by Brandy Hackman about using the burn tool to chalk around a brush or clipart. You have your brush or element on a separate layer above your paper layer. Place the marching ants around the brush by using ctrl click, and then invert it. It helps to then hide the brush layer by turning it off. Then, making sure you are on the paper layer, choose a soft brush and the burn tool (exposure around 20%) and use your tool like you would a cotton ball or sponge. Apply the color until you are happy with it.

Archived