January Jumpstart 2010!

AngRoCamp

Task #28 -- Found the Using SS Digital Alpha Templates tutorial in the university. Since I never used an Alpha Template before and I had one in my stash, I figured why not.

Read the tutorial and created a doc, pulled in the alphas and then used some styles on them. Worked pretty good. However, I use PSE8 and for some reason when I held down the Shift key and dragged and dropped the Alpha PNG on to my doc, all it did was drop it in the center of the page. So did using the File Place. So I had to rearrange each letter and place it where I wanted them.

Didn't use what it said about the Magic Wand, as I'm not familiar with that tool, and when I tried it only the outisde area got color and my alpha was still uncolored. That's my next tutorial to find.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #29

Time for a do-over layout! Do-over the layout you chose in task #26 using the product you chose in task #27 and the technique you learned in task #28.

Requirement: Post your layout in the gallery and come back and link us up. (Link us to the original layout as well, if possible but not required.)

Task 28

I'm going to try this faded photo background technique. It involves using two copies of the photo, one layered over the other. Erase the background of the top layer, leaving your subject, and then desaturate, blur, and otherwise alter the bottom layer for a neat effect.

I hope this counts! I lost my EHD in our move 18 mo ago & there were lots of pictures & a good number of recently completed layouts on it. This is one that I originally did in '07 & I like the way this one has come out much more than I did when I did it previously. It's sisterly love

Task #28

Found out how to create custom shapes. By using the pen tool (need help with that one for sure) you create your shape. In this case a heart was create. In order to save your shape you first need to clear out your other custom shapes in your palette. Once that is done, you can define your shape and save it.

Task #30 is Speedbump #6!

It's time for Snowflakes of Annoyance! Find three pesky little snowflakes hidden on product pages in the What's New section of the boutique.

Requirement: Send an email to games@scrapgirls.com with the subject line "JJ Snowflakes - Your User Name" and include links to the three product pages where you locate the little snowflakes. Emails must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. MT on 1/31/10.

You're looking for snowflakes like this sneaky little guy:

i must be brain dead.... i dont really understand what and where i am looking for...i have gone to the boutique and looking at the new stuff but where do i look for the snowflakes...i cant find any? i must be dum dum

i must be brain dead.... i dont really understand what and where i am looking for...i have gone to the boutique and looking at the new stuff but where do i look for the snowflakes...i cant find any? i must be dum dum

You have to open the individual product page (so you're on the page where you can actually order a product and see it's details plus sample layouts) and scroll around the page to see if you can find one. There are only three total snowflakes, so you'll have to probably check quite a few products in order to find the three hidden snowflakes. Once you find the first one you'll know what you're looking for. You can't miss them if you're on the right product page and scroll a bit :)

Welcome to your first boutique hunt (albeit a mini one heheh)!

January 31st

It's catch up day! Make sure you've completed all requirements and sent your snowflakes of annoyance email. THANKS FOR PLAYING THIS MONTH!! Well done!

This is NOT a requirement, but if you have completed all the tasks and you want confirmation that we have you on our list of those who've completed all requirements, just post quickly to this thread saying "I did it all-please verify" or something to that effect. Then if for whatever reason I don't have you on my list of people who did it all, I can PM you and let you know which requirement(s) of yours I wasn't able to verify. There will be no confirmation of completed participation unless you request it.

i did it ALL! thanks for letting me know that you know

and just wanted you all to know it was great...i never did a monthly challenge like this and it i learned more about scrapping and sg and had fun.... so thank you

Task 26: This LO had never made it out of the sketch book and this task set seemed like the perfect time for it to make it to the screen. I'm also using it to complete two class assignments as well.

Task 27: To complete this task, I just HAD to go shopping :rofl: I love working with the 4x6 templates ... COL Stitches and Tags2and loved substituting the wrapped ribbon from TCS Dreamer Zoomcollection for the paper strip in the template.

Task 28: I have never worked with adjustment layers before. I always used the automatic settings to convert photos to black and white. After reading about all the different adjustments you can make to photos (templates and embellies) using multiple layers for extraction, color adjustments, bluring, saturation, shadowing, etc ... and then taking the class with Anna, I was ready to play. I really like the pop in the picture you can create with so much more control simply by using the adjustment layer sliders rather than just relying on the auto-fix.

Task 29: My LO ... The Best Part

And with that LO finished (think it would make a great valentine, too,) I have completed all the tasks for Jumpstart January. What a great learning and scrapping experience. Thanks SG team for all your hard work getting our tasks together, and thanks to all my SG friends for sharing your creativity and inspiration through a fun journey this last month!

:whew: now ... what's next! :sofa:

Archived