January Jumpstart Chat Thread!

AngRoCamp

Some of you were asking how you kept track of or organized your favs from Task 11 so you could know which ones applied to that task. Here's what I did:

Clicked to add them to my favs here on the site

Copied the url

Pasted the url into my JJ task list I'm keeping in ONE NOTE (my favorite piece of software - well, behind my scrapping software :giggle_bear:

Added a note with each addy as to what struck me about the LO that I wanted to remember and try in one of mine in the future.

HTH

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you were asking how you kept track of or organized your favs from Task 11 so you could know which ones applied to that task. Here's what I did:

Copied the url

Pasted the url into my JJ task list I'm keeping in ONE NOTE (my favorite piece of software - well, behind my scrapping software :giggle_bear:

Added a note with each addy as to what struck me about the LO that I wanted to remember and try in one of mine in the future.

HTH

Great tip, Kay. I am going to do that very thing later today before I add more favorites. I am just starting to get the hang of using ONE NOTE. I used an open doc in Word for so long, it is hard to break that habit.

Copied the url

HTH

thanks for this suggestion.... i dont know what one note is...i have vista... is it a program that came w computer? or download free? or what? i have been savign the tasks in a word doc on my desktop...how with onenote be a quicker ?

One note is awesome! It's a Microsoft product. It doesn't usually come with most of the Office packages though. I bought mine just after I got my laptop 2 years ago and I use it all the time! Love it! You might be able to get a free trial from microsoft. I seem to recall it being around $100 but I don't remember for sure.

The next task is coming up!

One note is awesome! It's a Microsoft product. It doesn't usually come with most of the Office packages though. I bought mine just after I got my laptop 2 years ago and I use it all the time! Love it! You might be able to get a free trial from microsoft. I seem to recall it being around $100 but I don't remember for sure.

The next task is coming up!

how is it different than using word...would it just be for the same things?

I make screenshots of all my favorite layouts and keep them in their own "notebook" sorted within tabs that say how many photos are on a page. That way, when I'm in a hurry and want to scraplift and I know how many photos I'm using I can just go straight there and find what I'm looking for. It always puts a link to the page you took the screenshot from so it's always easy to go back to if needed. Love it!!!

I make screenshots of all my favorite layouts and keep them in their own "notebook" sorted within tabs that say how many photos are on a page. That way, when I'm in a hurry and want to scraplift and I know how many photos I'm using I can just go straight there and find what I'm looking for. It always puts a link to the page you took the screenshot from so it's always easy to go back to if needed. Love it!!!

wow that is organized...!!!! thanks for the tip. i learn so much here everyday

I love ONE NOTE. It is my virtual filing cabinet for EVERYTHING!!!! My medical info, my scrapping challenges, shopping lists ... I really used it when we were looking at houses before we moved. I love the fact that the links go in with your cut/paste action so you can go back to the original website for more info.

The more you use it the more you'll love it - much easier than all these papers I keep going through trying to decide how to file.

And now my Task 12 will be so much easier because of the way I kept the info from Task 11 in my JJ 2010 section in my ScrapBooking notebook.

Currently working on #13 have everyting all picked out and working my best to copy it to the best of my ability. Have a few to catch up on maybe tonight!!

I decided to photograph the heart-shaped bank my dad made for me when I was a kid. I realized I hadn't ever taken a picture of it, and since it's very dear to me I figured now is as good a time as any to make sure I remedy that!

Oh powers that be..... my task #4 has just been accepted for publication and had to be removed from gallery. Can it still count? It was there and there are comments on it really.

Did anyone answer your question via PM or anything? Did I miss a response or have you not been answered yet? CONGRATS on being accepted for publication. We'll totally count it for the game! We'll be able to see from the date you posted it and your supplies and the comments and everything that you did the task :) You're good to go! Well done :)

I was busy today and disappointed when I realized darkness was falling and I still hadn't done today's task. Then I took a while deciding what to photograph. I was thinking I want to photograph something I'd like to scrap about. Finally settled on my fruit bowl in my kitchen. :)

I looked at about 5 members' profiles before I found one that allows comments!

And I just added a paragraph in the About Me section of my profile -- hadn't even noticed that section before I saw it on someone else's profile -- so there's lots of stuff about me for all to read! :)

Time flies. LOL

I had some trouble with the theme search - finally searched the theme I was thinking about for the layout as there really was no specific theme to the photo. Bet ya'll can't tell what I'm leaning toward... ;):giggle_bear:

just wondering at the end of the month do you qualify for the drawing if you have all the necessary posts etc in the mb and in the gallery for the lo's ???? or do you have to do anything else to show that you did all the tasks? thanks for any info

I think that is a great question!!

man I'm so far behind but this weekend I got two pages done. So I hope to get them posted it's getting late and the wine I drank today is making me very tired. I'm calling it a night. So nighty night!!

Well, I can't believe it. I actually caught up on all the tasks in JJ. This is a major miracle for me. I'm always good at starting a project, but never quite seem to finish it.

So I'm caught up and I might finish this project. And on time.

Off to start the "Who I Am" class. This will be a toughie talking about myself and taking pictures of me as well. Not so comfortable with that, but I'll work on it.

just wondering at the end of the month do you qualify for the drawing if you have all the necessary posts etc in the mb and in the gallery for the lo's ???? or do you have to do anything else to show that you did all the tasks? thanks for any info

I've been verifying within the thread. Keep watching each tasks requirement because there are two more little tasks at the end of the month that will require an email, but as far as all the tasks so far, if the requirement says to post to the thread that's all you have to do :)

I've been verifying within the thread. Keep watching each tasks requirement because there are two more little tasks at the end of the month that will require an email, but as far as all the tasks so far, if the requirement says to post to the thread that's all you have to do :)

thanks for the info

For some reason I only saw yesterdays challange today!! and I havn't started on task #29 yet!! arughghgh off to start that page and get a coffee this morning and find some stars

Archived