January Jumpstart Chat Thread!

AngRoCamp

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved JJ last year. and since I'm off work this january, I think I have a chance of completing it. Off to clear my memory card now. Took the last shot this morning so have a really full card. and the photo organizing thing...already working on it.

I love JJ too, what a great way to start off the year. Already downloaded my pictures from my card and I spent some time yesterday organizing both my pictures and my SGs supplies.

Well, I'm already behind! roflol I still need to scan photos into the computer and my scanner seems to want to distort them. (should have kept the old one)

As for clearing my memory card - my EHD seems to have crashed and I can't find it in my menu to work on it. Maybe it exploded internally from all the SG's supplies. lol

I do want to try this month, so we will see how it goes. :-)

I'm SO ready for JJ! I loved it last year. I may already be ahead of the game...spent NYE sending stuff to the EHD, cleared the camera this AM in preparation for another family gathering in a few hours, and have organized my photos faithfully all year thanks to SG52! Looking forward to a fun month!

Bobbie, JJ is the board game of the month. everyday we get a challenge. Like today to clear off your memory card, then we'll make a lo, then another day leave love on other's LOs, then there may be a day to hunt for something in the boutique. Its a blast and the daily challenges are fun. Join in....you'll see. Everyday the challenge will be posted so we can see what to do.

Woo hoo! I'm so excited Jumpstart January is back again. I think it's sort of a milestone for me, because it was my first Monthly Message Board Game ever.

And I'm already done with Task 1 because just minutes after my family noisily ushered in the new year last night, I not only cleared off my camera's memory stick and placed the photos in a new folder on my hard drive called 2010, I even uploaded them to Smugmug so my Mom on the other side of the country from me could see our noisy celebration (photo and video!) before her midnight. :D

I know it won't always be this easy though! But I love how the tasks keep me going.

Happy New Year SG Friends!

I have cleared my Memory card this morning and I am reorganizing my photos right now. That shouldn 't take too long as I have been working on it all along with the new laptop. This is going to be a fun game...

I clear my camera cards as soon as I load them onto my photo program...so that part's easy. The organizing...a little harder. I know I have tons of photos that just need to be deleted....how many close ups of the Thanksgiving centerpiece do I really need to save?? My #1 task for today.

Card cleared; photos in folders - even labled the folders :rofl: Still need to get drive our for back up. Wonder where that is packed? And need to figure out how to let carbonite know I have a new operating system so it will start working again. Ah, the list goes on and on ... but JJ is just the motivation I need to stay up on things. Loved Re-June-venate last June (my first "jumpstart" even) and have been looking forward to JJ!

Task 1 finished...downloaded, unzipped the club and then did the camera. Also organized the 2009 photos into its own folder and then started a new one for 2010 (no pics yet but will have some on Sunday...still doing the SG52 sunday to sunday...debated on Friday to Friday since today is the first but decided not to).

Camera card downloaded and re-formatted. Picture folder on computer cleaned up, re-organized, labeled & ready for 2010. Worked and made sure that the EHD & the picture file are labeled the same & hopefully have gotten rid of duplicates. I am ready for a new year & JJ is perfect!

Ok, I have a little free time now...where's today's challenge? LOL. I know, I know, don't be so impatient, it'll come. I just am so excited about this game, I had so much fun with it last year (even though on the 27th or 28th, I dropped out because of work commitments), I'm anxious to get it going again. I'm sort of remembering what the next step after this one was so I'll do that. I need to do it anyway.

Ok, I have a little free time now...where's today's challenge? LOL. I know, I know, don't be so impatient, it'll come. I just am so excited about this game, I had so much fun with it last year (even though on the 27th or 28th, I dropped out because of work commitments), I'm anxious to get it going again. I'm sort of remembering what the next step after this one was so I'll do that. I need to do it anyway.

Where will the new tasks b posted? Will it b at the top of the post where the #1 task was listed or do u have 2 look all the way thru the posts? Sorry 4 my newbie questions

also how do u show and submit that u have done the tasks? Like for example yesterdays cleaning of cf card

Archived