January Layout Gallery Contest

PBarnes

Did you have dreams as a child as to what your life would be like? Did you dream as a young adult how you wanted your future to pan out? Do you, as a mature adult, have dreams unfulfilled? The beginning of a new year is a great time to think about the future. This month's layout contest, create a layout about your hopes and dreams. It might center on family, a job or a recreational pursuit, show and tell us what your dreams are and how you are making them come true. Create your layout and post it in the January Layout Contest Gallery by Midnight on January 31st. Be sure to list your credits in the description or under the EXIF Properties. If your layout is one of the two chosen, you will win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

Here is the January Gallery.

Here is my layout: Life Dreams

(My layout will not be considered in the picking of winners.)

Thanks Pat for this challenge as I have the perfect subject to scrap about. This will be a big year for my husband and I as he retires in April and I finish up work in July so we can do some travelling - some for fun - some for missionary work.

The only sad :monstercry: part is that my giving up work will bring about a BIG cut in my spending on digi things.

Great job so far everybody! I'm glad this contest's theme is inspiring you all to do such wonderful layouts.

I agree Pat! I think this design theme has brought out the best in everyone thus far as well. Loving them all so much! :party-smiley-048:

Hi Clairee. That's a beautiful layout. To do a link here in the thread, copy what is in the browser window when you have your layout open by highlighting it and doing Ctrl + C. Start a post in the contest thread and chose a word in your post to be the link and highlight that word. Click on the little link and padlock icon (just to the right of the yellow emoticon button in the menu bar at the top of the area where you are typing.) A box will pop up and you will put your cursor where it says link and then hit Ctrl + V to paste what you copied from your layout page. Does that make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry if I do this wrong but I am almost sure I did a post when I did my challenge layouts. I don't see it here so maybe I didn't. I am posting them here now because I sure can't find them. I did a two page spread because I had so much journaling. : )

Did I do this right??

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=95126

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=95125

I don't how you get those neat little links that just are the words of your layout. I looked in the forum for instructions but didn't find any.

Susan if you copy the address just as you did above and then click on the little box that looks like a chain link just to the right of the smiley face? right above where you're typing, and past the address in the top box and then type what you want it to say in the link in the bottom box it should link up with your words... Just make sure to delete the blue http in the box first or put your address right over it, so it's not there twice and you're good to go. Let me know if you have trouble and I'll walk you through it. :)

Got one in under the wire. It's Dreams and it's another watercolor story, only Jessica Leigh has real watercolor paintings which are really beautiful! I just saw that layout.... how did I miss it before? Maybe it just went into the Monthly gallery? What do most of you do, keep it in one gallery or also go ahead and put it into the Member gallery as well? Learning slowly, slllloooowwwwwllllyyyy.

Archived