Photo Focus Club

NS_Scrapper

Well I just found this thread! I enjoyed the chat and am looking forward to scrapping with a focus on photography.

I have been using a digital camera for 6 years and am enjoying their rapid growth. I have enjoyed using my two SLR's (Nikon and Minolta) previously, but could no longer get parts to keep fixing them, so I have switched to digital completely. I am waiting for the moment when I can move from my digital P&S to a DSLR and move from auto back to full control manual. For now my trusty Panasonic DMC-FX10 will have to suffice and I look forward to thinking about photography again, rather than just grabbing the moment my DD's are in for purely memory preservation. I enjoy the artistic side to photography and am already enjoying the photos others are producing. I look forward to seeing more and doing more!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a Nikon D40. Love to hear who else uses this camera.

I use the Nikon D60 which is really close to the D40..

Do you have any additional lenses?

I have a 55 - 200 zoom that I use for my action shots as well as my bird shots. Actually, it is the lens that I keep on the camera most of the time and just put the 18-55 on when I am going to be indoors & doing 'people' shots. I would love something that goes up to 270 or 300, but that is probably not going to happen any time soon.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a late starter here!! :disappearing-smilie:

I have been in the group since February but haven't introduced myself.

Hi I'm Ngaire from New Zealand, that makes three of us now!!!! :waving-hi:

Jane encouraged me to join in and I haven't regretted it at all. Don't make the chats too often because of the time difference but manage to catch up some how. Have thoroughly enjoyed all the photos and layouts people have been doing.

I have a Canon 400D and love it, and just the other day got myself a little Panasonic Lumix P&S and it is a great little machine for those "Ah" moments when you don't have the big camera.

I am really enjoying the weekly challenges, makes me think way out of the box. Although the last week has me stumped a bit (the pride one)

Anyway thats me.

• 1 month later...

The time is right to jump in and start swimming with you girls now that things have slowed down on house construction :) I even found my camera manual while I was unpacking boxes from the move. So, here I am ... ready to start playing with intent and purpose rather than pure dumb luck. :)

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT/350D with the 18-55mm zoom lens that came with the camera. Doesn't that sound impressive - like I knew what I was talking about throwing those numbers around :rofl: but I can see from the forum I'll soon be able to walk the talk if I hang around and learn from all of you. I'm going to jump in where we are right now in the challenges and then gradually work my way backwards and forwards at the same time to catch up on stuff from the past.

The time is right to jump in and start swimming with you girls now that things have slowed down on house construction :) I even found my camera manual while I was unpacking boxes from the move. So, here I am ... ready to start playing with intent and purpose rather than pure dumb luck. :)

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT/350D with the 18-55mm zoom lens that came with the camera. Doesn't that sound impressive - like I knew what I was talking about throwing those numbers around :rofl: but I can see from the forum I'll soon be able to walk the talk if I hang around and learn from all of you. I'm going to jump in where we are right now in the challenges and then gradually work my way backwards and forwards at the same time to catch up on stuff from the past.

This is awesome Kay, you're going to LOVE it! LOL.... my second camera is the XT so if you have any questions ask away! I'm sure anyone could help but it's nice to have the specific camera somewhat too! Mary Elizabeth does a great job on coming up with the topics and the challenges we are doing! I'm so glad you joined us!

So glad you've joined us here, Kay! And found that Rosemary has the same camera as you. That's always so helpful. I don't know how many times Robin (michgirl), who has the same camera as I do, has gotten me on the right track again after I've wandered far away!

I think I got a couple of shots this past weekend that will work for some of the more recent challenges here. Now to get them ready for uploading!

Archived