Good Thursday Morning

I'm so happy for you Jess. I hope Doug found the right one this time. She is a sweet lady; I think she's 2 years older than he is. She has two married daughters and two grandchildren, and a 17 year old son. Doug just has Cole, who will be 17 in March. The two boys seem to like each other and have fun together as only two teen aged boys can.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DH just got up, and we were looking outside to see if there's enough snow to get any photos. I hate not to take some, since I've been wishing for snow since before Christmas. Maybe some of the trees and shrubs will make a pretty photo. I was waiting to finish my week 1 layout to see if I could get a snow photo in.

Morning Joyce and Rosemary. Nice to see you. I'll pass on your kitchen Rosemary, love your food, but your mess....not so much. LOL. Got an ailing violet I'm repotting, hoping for a save.

It's actually not that much of a mess Sandi, I find that if I clean up as I go it's not so bad.... it's the kids that mess it up! ......... :disappearing-smilie: Want some? Kids that is........... :rofl: I'll gladly share... oh and if anyone can revive a plant, it oughtta be you! :lol:

Guest JessicaLeigh

Man, what's with all this waitin' .......... have you set the date yet Jessica? yippee.gif

Nope not just yet.....with the holidays, and the water issues, and the deadlines with Mark's work, and trying to plan a trip to FL to pick up my car,,,,we just have not had time to sit down and do any planning. We will after all this settles down, but I can wait.....the hard part of this (Especially for Mark) is over with and we both are just breathing and letting it sink in a bit!

Guest JessicaLeigh

OK, BB's got to run to the shop for about an hour or so! Keep the buggy warm, and Ill have my floppy Latte when I get back out of the cold! Hold down the fort.....Joyce you could practice your Bat turns for when I get back and set up the obstaclecourse LOL. Be back in just a while!

Hahaha! Teenage boys will find fun if there isn't any to be had. :lol:

Right, when Cole's here they stay up all night playing games on the computer and then sleep all day. But I guess Cole deserves it on vacation. In military school I'm sure he never gets to sleep in. He's doing so well, though, he has a 4.5 average on a 4.0 system. Sounds weird, doesn't it.

OK, BB's got to run to the shop for about an hour or so! Keep the buggy warm, and Ill have my floppy Latte when I get back out of the cold! Hold down the fort.....Joyce you could practice your Bat turns for when I get back and set up the obstaclecourse LOL. Be back in just a while!

I'll be able to do a few before I have to leave for stitching. I wish she would cancel it today; it's so cold. But there's not much snow, so we'll probably have it.

Hahaha! Teenage boys will find fun if there isn't any to be had. :lol:

Right, when Cole's here they stay up all night playing games on the computer and then sleep all day. But I guess Cole deserves it on vacation. In military school I'm sure he never gets to sleep in. He's doing so well, though, he has a 4.5 average on a 4.0 system. Sounds weird, doesn't it.

Wow, Joyce, that's awesome! As for the video games, that's what my boys do too, but not all the time thank goodness. I used to stay up and read all night if I could sleep all day, so I guess it must be a teen thing ;) of course one of my boys is in his 20's now, so ........... :dunno: .... maybe he'll outgrow it!

Morning everyone! DD made it to the bus stop on time, DH is out the door (he had an early meeting), and DS is still fast asleep in bed. It's so quiet, I don't know what to do with myself!

Does anyone have anything hot and chocolate to drink? I don't do coffee, but hot cocoa sounds scrumptious. :D Unfortunately, the only chocolate drink in the house today is slimfast, and I'm not looking forward to that. It's too COLD! I need something steamy!

Good morning everyone! I didn 't get up as early as some, but I was up at 6. I didn't think to check the MB that early, now I know better.

Today DH and I are going to do some running around, his vacation is almost over and that means he will be away from us during the week. I've enjoyed having him around, every morning at 6 he brings me a cup of coffee and we have a nice chat together. Every morning its been something different but its always enjoyable. Those times remind me why I fell in love with him. It makes me look forward to retirement so he and I can have every day together. All the years of raising kids and living life, we somehow got away from our alone time, its been nice to have it back these past 3 weeks!

I'm going to miss him when he goes back to work, but it had to end at some point, right? I hope everyone has a great day, I plan to get some scrapping done and some laundry, yuck!! And ofcourse its boutique day so I'll be shopping too!!

I just talked to my sister and I guess we're going to stitching. Driving is not a problem; there's not that much snow. I just would rather stay in and chat. It is still snowing, but it's very fine, and there's not a lot of it.

I just talked to my sister and I guess we're going to stitching. Driving is not a problem; there's not that much snow. I just would rather stay in and chat. It is still snowing, but it's very fine, and there's not a lot of it.

We've got the same kind of thing here too Joyce! I'm stayin' in, at least this morning, DS wants me to take him shopping before he goes back to school next week... it sure is going to be quiet when he leaves.... :disappearing-smilie:

Man, what's with all this waitin'

I know! In 1991 I met my DH in January, went on our first date in February, got engaged in April and married in July. None of that waiting stuff for me. ;) My mom and dad had a 9 month courtship, so I come by it honestly. My brother on the other hand took almost 6 years to propose and then got married about two weeks later in Hawaii (without inviting his little sister - grrr). We're all still married so it can't be too bad a way to do things. ;)

Good morning Rosemary! I'm doing well but I'll be a lot better after a cup of coffee. I don't think I need to borrow any snow today. My town is covered in ice from a tiny bit of snow last night, and all of the snow that fell on Sunday hasn't even melted yet. It's been a crazy winter in Arkansas so far!

Man, what's with all this waitin'

I know! In 1991 I met my DH in January, went on our first date in February, got engaged in April and married in July. None of that waiting stuff for me. ;) My mom and dad had a 9 month courtship, so I come by it honestly. My brother on the other hand took almost 6 years to propose and then got married about two weeks later in Hawaii (without inviting his little sister - grrr). We're all still married so it can't be too bad a way to do things. ;)

:jawdrop: they went to Hawaii without you??? How could they!

Good morning Rosemary! I'm doing well but I'll be a lot better after a cup of coffee. I don't think I need to borrow any snow today. My town is covered in ice from a tiny bit of snow last night, and all of the snow that fell on Sunday hasn't even melted yet. It's been a crazy winter in Arkansas so far!

Wow, you've got snow in Arkansas? It's all over the map this year! HUH? I'm ready for Spring, how 'bout you all?

For you photo nuts (and I mean that with the utmost respect), I just posted a couple of new threads in the photography section. Loving my new photography books. Gotta have the photos to scrap with.

Waiting...... new stuff soon I hope. Still working with my files, thousands of them. Sort of getting a system going, but it is tedious work at best. I have an EHD, with tons of room, but I can't figure out how to delete anything from it, things like empty folders that I've moved stuff out of as I've organized and such. Maybe have to venture onto the WD website for some answers. Gotta make room for new goodies.

For you photo nuts (and I mean that with the utmost respect), I just posted a couple of new threads in the photography section. Loving my new photography books. Gotta have the photos to scrap with.

Waiting...... new stuff soon I hope. Still working with my files, thousands of them. Sort of getting a system going, but it is tedious work at best. I have an EHD, with tons of room, but I can't figure out how to delete anything from it, things like empty folders that I've moved stuff out of as I've organized and such. Maybe have to venture onto the WD website for some answers. Gotta make room for new goodies.

Did you try selecting the items and right clicking on them Sandi? Maybe you can delete them that way. Dunno, don't have a mac so maybe it works different on there... My dd has one, but she just left for work and is driving in snow, so won't ask her right now... I'm sure you can find out online though too. :lol: didja want a mocha?

Archived