Good Thursday Morning

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what's with all this waitin'

I know! In 1991 I met my DH in January, went on our first date in February, got engaged in April and married in July. None of that waiting stuff for me. wink.gif My mom and dad had a 9 month courtship, so I come by it honestly. My brother on the other hand took almost 6 years to propose and then got married about two weeks later in Hawaii (without inviting his little sister - grrr). We're all still married so it can't be too bad a way to do things. wink.gif

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations on 40 years, we're at 27 and can't wait to spend 27 more! :lol:

I'm not a "waiter" either. My DH and I met, went on three dates in one week, I flew back to AR, he flew down about three weeks later and we got married. We've been married for 40 years and it's even more wonderful now!

Not too much new. School starts back on Monday so mostly I've been lazy and scrapping. I did just join a art journal group though, so I'm pretty excited about that. Hopefully I can keep it up along with Project SG and school work.

Oh an art journal group sounds cool, what do you do in it? I'd love to hear... and I missed the Project SG chat, what's the goods with that too! :lol:

lol, for the art journal group, you just do whatever moves you. There are some prompts to use if you want, and you can either journal with words or with symbols. In a way, it's almost exactly like scrapping, but it feels a bit more free. A lot of people don't use photos and you don't have to worry about making it look pretty or perfect. I'm using my digital supplies to do it.

lol, I guess this must be the year of no rules, because Project SG is pretty free, too. My goal is to get at least a couple of photos each week and then scrap them by the week.

Rosemarry,

Here's what Jan Hicks posted yesterday (Wednesday)in the announcements:

1. Dim Dim Open House - Thursday, January 7 from 7 PM MT

Interested in learning more about Dim Dim? Then come to our Open House on January 7 from 7 - 8 PM MT for a chance to check out our new digs! This will be your chance to hang out and chat, play with the buttons, and ask any questions you may have. Several teachers will be available to answer all of your questions and give you a preview.

Click here to go to the Dim Dim classroom: Scrap Girls Open House

2. Super Strokes Free Mini Class - Tuesday, January 12 at 7 PM MT

Here's your chance to learn more about Dim Dim in a classroom setting. Anna Mansfield will be teaching her free mini class Super Strokes. Don't miss this opportunity to experience for yourselves how our Dim Dim classes will work for free. (You will need speakers or headphones for this class.)

Click here to go to the Dim Dim classroom for this class: Super Strokes Mini Class

Anna will post the class PDF in a separate thread the morning of the class.

Please let us know if you have any questions! :)

Man, what's with all this waitin'

I know! In 1991 I met my DH in January, went on our first date in February, got engaged in April and married in July. None of that waiting stuff for me. wink.gif My mom and dad had a 9 month courtship, so I come by it honestly. My brother on the other hand took almost 6 years to propose and then got married about two weeks later in Hawaii (without inviting his little sister - grrr). We're all still married so it can't be too bad a way to do things. wink.gif

I'm not a "waiter" either. My DH and I met, went on three dates in one week, I flew back to AR, he flew down about three weeks later and we got married. We've been married for 40 years and it's even more wonderful now!

I wish I didn't have to be a waiter. It took Geoff 5 years to propose because he refused to do it while he was still in school, and he ended up taking 6 years to graduate because he started working part time. And now the wedding's going to be over a year after he proposed because there's no way I can do it in the middle of the school year.

Good morning Ladies! :) Haven't been able to read all your notes yet, but hope you are having a wonderful morning!! It is a bit cold here too, but thankfully we are home for the rest of the day. :) Might be some hot chocolate or tea in order for this afternoon.

Happy shopping!!

Good morning Ladies! :) Haven't been able to read all your notes yet, but hope you are having a wonderful morning!! It is a bit cold here too, but thankfully we are home for the rest of the day. :) Might be some hot chocolate or tea in order for this afternoon.

Happy shopping!!

:jawdrop: she's an enabler! I knew it!!! "but honey, Christy said "happy shopping" so I had to buy them!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good morning, everyone! I read the thread before checking in today - at only 7 pages, I thought I could do that.

I'm taking Nancy, my stepmother, and her friend to tea today to celebrate her 91st birthday. The Lavender Tea House - the bldg is over 100 years old (that's OLD for us out here), and the entire experience is just delightful. And sunshine today!

Did anyone hear - did Jess get ring #1? She has some stories to tell about their courtship - hope she does an album.

And does anyone know what a floppy latte is?

I see the designers are rolling out Valentine's Day early - guess they don't want us to feel let down after Christmas. Great new stuff already!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

:)

I am back! Apparently he looked at the snow and went back to sleep, lol!

Cathy, thanks for the heads up on the Dim Dim Open House - I was nervous about trying it for the first time in a class - trust Jan to have thought of that - and how wonderful of Anna to be the guinea pig for the first free class (and if you missed that one before - if it is the same one - DON'T miss it again).

I signed up to do an art journal too - have always been afraid of them but they swear you can do this one totally digital - still waiting for the directions, lol - so we will see how that goes! Project SG is my priority craft goal for 2010, so I will have to see if I can do both.

In the course of trying to see where Aaron was, went outside to take a photo of the house. Last time his car will be parked in front of it! A lot of lasts and firsts coming up this year.

I am now settled in with my own mocha to hang out with you guys as long as possible.

I love the Buried Treasure collection - one of my first purchases - and the Zoom page! So this is a great scrap pack!

Yes, did Jess get ring 1? Does anyone know?

(And my dh and I dated two years before we got engaged and then waited one year to get married - still together almost 26 years later so it must have worked to wait lol)

Looking forward to seeing you all tonite in Dim Dim! You can thank Christy for the brainstorm about holding come practice sessions before the first actual class. That Christy is one smart cookie! Of course, the teachers are also anxious to see how it feels with a whole room of students, instead of just the fellow teachers! It's a learning process for us, too!

Should be fun, though! :D

Guest JessicaLeigh

I love the Buried Treasure collection - one of my first purchases - and the Zoom page! So this is a great scrap pack!

Yes, did Jess get ring 1? Does anyone know?

(And my dh and I dated two years before we got engaged and then waited one year to get married - still together almost 26 years later so it must have worked to wait lol)

Yeppers ML, got ring number one!!!!!! Still dazzled that he picked the one I wanted most!

Guest JessicaLeigh

Good morning, everyone! I read the thread before checking in today - at only 7 pages, I thought I could do that.

I'm taking Nancy, my stepmother, and her friend to tea today to celebrate her 91st birthday. The Lavender Tea House - the bldg is over 100 years old (that's OLD for us out here), and the entire experience is just delightful. And sunshine today!

Did anyone hear - did Jess get ring #1? She has some stories to tell about their courtship - hope she does an album.

And does anyone know what a floppy latte is?

I see the designers are rolling out Valentine's Day early - guess they don't want us to feel let down after Christmas. Great new stuff already!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

smile.gif

Gayle, got ring #1 yes sir I did!

Not got an album yet but working on it LOL!

Definition of a Floppy Latte - Sir Markus went through several names for me espresso drinks, Floppychino, lattechino, c ** pachino, flappachino, and several others till he finally just decided to call everything that comes out of that machine a "Floppy Latte" Easy on his brain. LOL

Guest JessicaLeigh

Finally, done with my job job for today. Now just to keep the water running so it wont freeze over the next three days! Gonna be tough! Maybe a little retail therapy will do me good!

<------------screeches across the boutique parking lot and heads for the boutique to take a peek......(Wheelies R Fun!)

Guest JessicaLeigh

Jess, I'm glad you got ring number one. I'll bet it's gorgeous.

thank you cathy, it is so very pretty, and it looks bigger now that it did when we looked at it at the jewelers. Hmmmmm I wonder if that is how it works, after you have waited sooooo long for one??????

I have to get a good pic of it to post, i did do a layout of it hidden in the christmas tree.....that is how he wrapped it up LOL.

Guest JessicaLeigh

We havent even discussed that yet, with everything else goin on, we are trying just to keep water, so probably during the spring sometime we will set a date. I can wait, the hard part is over LOL. (for Sir Markus that is LOL)

Archived