Aperture?

nichole

After a dry spell of almost 2 years of NO scrapping, I'm ready to start again. During my dormant period, my PC crashed so I bought a Mac Mini. The people at the apple store said I could use Aperture for digi-scrapping. But I have searched, and searched for tuts and can't find any! CAN I scrap using Aperture or is it just for editing and organizing? I haven't purchased it...figured I better try the demo out first. If I can't get it to work I'll just buy PSE since I am familiar with the Photoshop lingo!

Thanks!!!

I have never heard of that one. Did you do an online search to see if you could find some reviews? I always try to find them from us real people before I buy anything anymore. :happy039: By the way were you in a coma :going-to-sleep: to go two whole years without scrapping?! I can't go two days without doing something on the computer with my pics or my digi scrapping. he he

I don't see how it's possible to scrap in Aperture. It works similar to Adobe Lightroom and you're right it's mainly for organizing and editing photos. I did the free trial because it is suppose to work really well with iPhoto, and I guess it does... but I didn't really like the workflow. I found that things were hard to find and use. I liked Lightroom better and ended up getting it instead.

I think you'll need to get another program to scrap with. I just upgraded to PSE 8 and I really like it. It has WAY more capabilities than my PSE 4 had... good luck and welcome back!!!

WB! When I got my macbook, I passed on aperture because I already use lightroom and CS4 and didn't see any advantage. I got PSE 6 for mac bundled with something or other I bought, probably my wacom or my printer or scanner....so I got that too. Sorry I'm not much help with that.

I'm just sneeking in to say ... HI NICHOLE! I was so excited when I saw your name! I think about you every now and again wondering how you are doing! So good to see you. Try not to be a stranger, okay!

You have no idea how great it makes me feel to see that you all remember me!!!! Life has been very busy for us this last two years and I just haven't had the time to scrap or do much computer stuff in general. I do plan on sticking around here now since I have a little more "me" time! As for scrapping, I now need to buy a new program. I'm probably going to go with PSE. It's semi cheap and I know it. Just gotta find it now! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well and can't wait to get re-aquainted with you all!

You have no idea how great it makes me feel to see that you all remember me!!!! Life has been very busy for us this last two years and I just haven't had the time to scrap or do much computer stuff in general. I do plan on sticking around here now since I have a little more "me" time! As for scrapping, I now need to buy a new program. I'm probably going to go with PSE. It's semi cheap and I know it. Just gotta find it now! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well and can't wait to get re-aquainted with you all!

My guess is the people at the Apple store meant you could use Aperture for organizing your digisupplies. Not for actually scrapping. I have PSE 8 for Mac and love it! I organize my photos in iPhoto '09, and I organize my digisupplies in Picasa, which is free for both PC and Mac users.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I just thought I'd stop by and let you know that I was at the Apple store a week ago and we talked about Aperture. The tech there said to just keep using my PSE program it was better for scrapping and Aperature really didn't meet my needs at this time! I hope this tid bit helps ! And btw how could we forget you ?????? I'm glad you're back here with us again!!!

Archived