Happy, Happy Thursday

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Akira is a such a good baby even when she's sick. Just a bit more cranky than is normal for her. I'm a worrier though so she's getting extra hugs and cuddles today which means her big sister will get extras too. She doesn't like to be left out.

Hey..where are all the yummy things to eat?! (yep..that was for you Rosemary :disappearing-smilie: )

Yeah, no good smells coming out of my computer this morning. My coffee is hazelnut, though, and it smells great.

Hahaha, I'm still trying to catch up from Christmas Ashleigh, I've got a little peanut butter fudge left over...... and I also have some bananas that need to be used up so maybe I'll make a little banana bread this morning! Want a MOCHA? :lol:

We bought bananas Monday so I could make banana pudding for DH's chess club, and then they postponed it till next week. I might just have to make some banana bread. Haven't done that in a long time.

mmmmmm hazelnut..........sounds yummy, I JUST pushed dh out the door so I could get on here and spend some time with you all! I was watching the news on the earthquake too ......... so devastating. . . Wow! and more still happening with aftershocks and missing people and building's collapsing, sooooo heartbreaking!

mmmmmm hazelnut..........sounds yummy, I JUST pushed dh out the door so I could get on here and spend some time with you all! I was watching the news on the earthquake too ......... so devastating. . . Wow! and more still happening with aftershocks and missing people and building's collapsing, sooooo heartbreaking!

I watched the news last night and my heart breaks for all of those people. I just can't imagine...

We watched some of it on the news last night, and it is just awful. My heart goes out to them, but I'm sure we have no idea how horrible it is since we haven't lived it. There was a Church in Germantown (next town over from us) that had a group packed and ready to leave yesterday to go down there. I think they are still going, but will probably have to wait a bit.

I watched the news last night and my heart breaks for all of those people. I just can't imagine...

I know, I've got Good Morning America on and the photos and film they're showing it's just so terrible....NO buildings and homes or shelters there!

Thanks! I'm gonna need all the sugar and caffeine I can get today!

I haven't seen the news on tv about the earthquake in Haiti but I've read about it. It's so very sad. The Red Cross is already mobilizing--I saw donation containers at Wawa last night and I added my change.

We watched some of it on the news last night, and it is just awful. My heart goes out to them, but I'm sure we have no idea how horrible it is since we haven't lived it. There was a Church in Germantown (next town over from us) that had a group packed and ready to leave yesterday to go down there. I think they are still going, but will probably have to wait a bit.

My brother and sister-in-law along with my nephew leave for Africa on Friday for a two week mission trip there...They've been having some health issues that just started this week, so I've been praying for them as well.

I haven't seen the news on tv about the earthquake in Haiti but I've read about it. It's so very sad. The Red Cross is already mobilizing--I saw donation containers at Wawa last night and I added my change.

They were saying there are already scammers out there so be careful about who you give your money to. How can people take advantage in crisis' like this, I can't imagine, it just makes me feel sick to think people could actually do that!

They were saying there are already scammers out there so be careful about who you give your money to. How can people take advantage in crisis' like this, I can't imagine, it just makes me feel sick to think people could actually do that!

That is just sad! It's a shame that people would take advantage of such a terrible tragedy. What a time we live in!

Our Church will be sending something, and we'll give through that. At least then we'll feel more sure that it will get to those that need it.

Ooooooooooo let's have a banana bread baking together day! :lol: we can all scrap our breads when we're done! :lol:

I have to look for a recipe. It's been so long since I did that. Off to check out MasterCook.

Try this Banana Bread Recipe Joyce, it's soooooooo good. P.M. me with your email address and I'll send you the full res copy if you want it! :)

Our Church will be sending something, and we'll give through that. At least then we'll feel more sure that it will get to those that need it.

That's a good idea Joyce. Now that I know there are scammers afoot, I will look for more official channels to donate to also.

Ooooooooooo let's have a banana bread baking together day! :lol: we can all scrap our breads when we're done! :lol:

I have to look for a recipe. It's been so long since I did that. Off to check out MasterCook.

Try this Banana Bread Recipe Joyce, it's soooooooo good. P.M. me with your email address and I'll send you the full res copy if you want it! :)

Just saw this, RM, and am printing it off. I think it will be fine. I don't think I have any sour cream, though.

OK, I printed out a recipe for banana nut bread, and will be baking it later. Can't do it in time for breakfast, but I think it would make a great lunch. LOL.

I posted my banana bread recipe above this post Joyce, if you want to try it. I love this recipe. It's the best tasting banana bread I've ever had. And now I'm hungry............ :lol:

OK, I printed out a recipe for banana nut bread, and will be baking it later. Can't do it in time for breakfast, but I think it would make a great lunch. LOL.

I posted my banana bread recipe above this post Joyce, if you want to try it. I love this recipe. It's the best tasting banana bread I've ever had. And now I'm hungry............ :lol:

Me too. I sort of hinted to DH about the sour cream, but he didn't bite yet.

Me too. I sort of hinted to DH about the sour cream, but he didn't bite yet.

Hmmmmmmm maybe wait until he's a little hungry or has thought about warm banana bread straight from the oven and he'll come around and BEG you to LET him go to the store for you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DH has to go down to the hearing aid place this afternoon. The battery in his watch that controls his hearing aids went dead, and it can't be replaced locally. Has to be sent in. Anyway, he is going to get me some sour cream and run it back to me, so I can make the bread while he is gone. So I guess it will be dessert after dinner, instead of lunch.

Archived