Photoshop World In Orlando

SandiC.

I hadn't really planned on going, but when Sandy said she was going, I got to looking over the brochure and decided it was too good an opportunity to pass up. So, I'm going, Sandy's going, anyone else thinking about it or already made reservations?

Thanks Sandi for doing this with me. It's going to be so much fun and we are going to learn so much! Anyone else want to join us?

Kacie-Last year the conference was in Chicago for the east coast and Las Vegas for the west coast. I want to say that they have two conferences a year. The east coast conference is in March and the west coast conference is in October.

Wow! What a great thing to do - I know you will have an awesome time! AND it will be so exciting. Wish I could go, but just not going to happen for me right now. I will be thinking about you all though and hope you come back and share with all of us!

:bouncing-frog: <--- I'm not only jumping up and down with excitement for you, but I'm green with envy!! Get it?!?! I really wish I could go but with a move sometime in the middle of this year and everything else that's happening I can't see it happening. I SO wish I could go with you ladies as it's an amazing way to learn these awesome programmes. Maybe next year ... or not!! Have fun ladies ... silly me saying that, I know you will!

I would love to go, but I still haven't upgraded yet! What am I waiting for??? I don't know I think I"m just nervous to do it since I was not able to scrap for 5 months... I am a bit nervous that I can't get my groove back!! But, you have a great time and learn lots of cool things!!

• 2 months later...

Since I got back from Orlando, this is my first chance to do anything other than a quick check of the boards. Ok, bottom line, if you use lightroom or photoshop, you can learn a ton at this convention. If you take photos there is no end to what you can learn. The next PSW will be in Las Vegas Sept 1-3 and I'm planning on going. There are about 8 different classes going on at any one time so you have tons to chose from. There were about 3 classes for each session that I wanted to go to so that means I need to go to this at least 3 times to get them all in. It was incredible to be sitting there with Scott Kelby or Dave Cross or Matt Kloslowski, just hanging and chatting. think the biggest thrill though was to just pick the brains of not only the greats, but all the other everyday people just like us that love to take pretty pictures and try to do something with them. There was a panel presentation by 7 of the pro photographers that was so inspiring I cried. But what was truly amazing is that, just from scrapping and what I've learned here at SGs, I was really on a par with so many of the people I met. One of the nice things is they give you a big book with all the printed class notes so you can look at the information from the classes you didn't get to. It will take me the next 6 months just to get through that.

anyone interested in Las Vegas in Sept?

Since I got back from Orlando, this is my first chance to do anything other than a quick check of the boards. Ok, bottom line, if you use lightroom or photoshop, you can learn a ton at this convention. If you take photos there is no end to what you can learn. The next PSW will be in Las Vegas Sept 1-3 and I'm planning on going. There are about 8 different classes going on at any one time so you have tons to chose from. There were about 3 classes for each session that I wanted to go to so that means I need to go to this at least 3 times to get them all in. It was incredible to be sitting there with Scott Kelby or Dave Cross or Matt Kloslowski, just hanging and chatting. think the biggest thrill though was to just pick the brains of not only the greats, but all the other everyday people just like us that love to take pretty pictures and try to do something with them. There was a panel presentation by 7 of the pro photographers that was so inspiring I cried. But what was truly amazing is that, just from scrapping and what I've learned here at SGs, I was really on a par with so many of the people I met. One of the nice things is they give you a big book with all the printed class notes so you can look at the information from the classes you didn't get to. It will take me the next 6 months just to get through that.

anyone interested in Las Vegas in Sept?

Oh, it sounds as if you had such fun Sandi and learned so much - I so wish I could say I could go but not in the budget this year - especially in September. I get invitations almost every month to go to a Photoshop Class in Asheville or Greenville or Charlotte - they are just two day events but have been to some as refresher courses for me and although I am fairly well experienced in Photoshop I always learn so many new things - I can just imagine all the new and wonderful things you learned in Orlando and to be with those professionals must have been an awesome experience. Most of my training in Photoshop came from different convention the AF sent me to and that's how I got started with it, but that was so long ago and I could use more refresher courses I am sure. I think it is great that you are going to Las Vegas! Have fun!

Archived