Why Use Photoshop Instead Of Indesign?

BSK

Oh, the photos on your layout are so cute! Love the little pawprints. Next step, posting the layout!

OK, How do you post a layout? I set up my files in ID so I can't save it as a jpg. I save my files as a pdf. What is posting the layout? Brenda

The layouts in the gallery need to be 72 ppi and 600 pixels wide. There are instructions for how to set up your gallery and upload images here. I don't think it will let you upload pdf files however.

First of all, welcome to SG from a fellow newbie!

What operating system are you using? If you're using Mac, you don't have to tag anything coz you can use Finder to search for alpha, clock element, paper etc. Even if the files are zipped, Finder will list it for you. If you use Windows 7, I think it has similar feature too, but I'm not sure.

I use both Mac OSX and Windows 7 on my Macbook, but for scrapping I use Mac OSX coz I bought Design Premium for Mac.

Do you all keep kits together? I don't so I can't give credit where credit is due so I'll probably not post anything. If I do know where everything comes from, I'll give it a try. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

First of all, welcome to SG from a fellow newbie!

What operating system are you using? If you're using Mac, you don't have to tag anything coz you can use Finder to search for alpha, clock element, paper etc. Even if the files are zipped, Finder will list it for you. If you use Windows 7, I think it has similar feature too, but I'm not sure.

I use both Mac OSX and Windows 7 on my Macbook, but for scrapping I use Mac OSX coz I bought Design Premium for Mac.

Do you all keep kits together? I don't so I can't give credit where credit is due so I'll probably not post anything. If I do know where everything comes from, I'll give it a try. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

I use Mac OSX also. After being in the printing industry, you don't use a pc. I'm not sure what you mean about using finder to search for alpha, paper, etc. I have everything in folders that when I go to place them, I can find them in a particular folder. It's just that I rename everything so I know what it is before I even click on it. I just got a note about joining and giving credit to scrapgirls as per the agreement so I don't think I'll be posting much. That's OK. I don't do that many pages these days anyway. I'd love to do more but I'm all caught up and the ink is expensive for if I just do pages with no real meaning to me. Thanks for all the welcomes. I'll post when I know where my files came from. Brenda

I think another reason is there are tutorials for both PSE and PS. Most people using the programs need help learning them and tutorials are a must.

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just joined the group to ask why everyone uses Photoshop instead of InDesign to creat pages. I worked in the printing industry for years and preferred files set up in InDesign over Photoshop because of quality of edges on type, etc. I also think it is easier to resize and arrange, move items in InDesign. Am I missing something in Photoshop? I have a hard time resizing a file once it has already been placed in Photoshop. I use Photoshop to set up some photos with masks, adjust color, etc. then save them and import into InDesign where I can place them or resize them to whatever I want. Anyone else use InDesign? I know you have it if you have CS2, etc. Just wondering. Thanks!

Hi - I just saw this - I use InDesign for all my layouts too - and I use Photoshop in the same way that you do. Having worked for the printing industry for years this was the way I learned and have just continued to do it this way with my scrapping as well. And there are times when I can do my whole layout in InDesign without having to use my Photoshop or Illustrator or anything else depending on what I am doing. Glad to see someone else uses InDesign!

Oh, the photos on your layout are so cute! Love the little pawprints. Next step, posting the layout!

OK, How do you post a layout? I set up my files in ID so I can't save it as a jpg. I save my files as a pdf. What is posting the layout? Brenda

From InDesign, if you do your layout there, you can export it as a jpeg file and then post it to the Gallery here. Hope that helps - I am a little late seeing this topic.

Archived