Lightroom Vs Arc

michgirl

I use Adobe Camera Raw, started using it with PSE 5, up through CS3 & now CS4. I learned to use it with Scott Kelby's book "7 Point System for CS3". He starts the book by saying, if you use Lightroom, just follow the same steps. So this has made me believe that basically they are the same and do the same.

I did download the BETA 3 LR and used it a little bit, and since it seemed pretty much the same, I uninstalled it, figuring no sense getting hooked on a $300 program that does the same as what I already have. I must say that I did like the preview window with LR that ARC does not have. And I really do like Bridge.

But I must be missing something (?) - so many of you seem to just love the program. So I ask, if you have used both, why do you prefer Lightroom over ARC? Maybe I need to give the BETA another try...

Thanks!

Light room to me is a fantasy way to do up my photos, So many presets free and purchased to play with, Not sure about ARC (don't know what those letter stand for ) But I know I will get the lightroom 3 wen it comes out, I just have to figure out how to make the setting quit hogging my memory.

I love Lightroom because it is an EASY way for me to organize, store, and sort my photos, back them up, and I can do non-destructive editing (meaning it won't change my original file) with it. Like Caren said, the presets are AWESOME.

I would seriously be lost without my Lightroom!

ACR (had it backwards there) is Adobe Camera Raw and I think it does all of the same editing as Lightroom, but I am not sure of that, so that's why I am asking.

I have some beautiful presents for Camera Raw also, I think I got about 150 free ones from OnOne Software. But I am very curious of the advantages Lightroom has over Bridge/Camera Raw. If enough, or somethings really great, I would probably upgrade. Sort of like PSE vs. CS4, definitely worth the upgrade!

I think I should explore it just a little more....

Hmmm never seen the prsets for raw canon so I am going to have to check that out! will get back to you on that LOL(demaning now my daughter brings my dvd back home with my software ( she uses my canon at times for weddings and has to have my sofware to open them up old canon software wont do it.)

Archived