February Layout Contest

PBarnes

During the month of February, many people turn to thoughts of love. What greater love is there than the love for family? For this month's contest, we want to see layouts about your family - either the one you grew up with or the one you have started. Create your layout and post it in the February Layout Contest Gallery by Midnight MST on February 28th. Be sure to list your credits in the description or under the EXIF Properties. If your layout is one of the two chosen, you will win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

Here is the February Layout Contest Gallery.

I got a big surprise in the mail yesterday....two BIG boxes of pictures and letters from DH's cousin. He is in the process of going through his late mother's home and discovered a treasure trove of things she had kept over the years. It is amazing! And there are so many family photos....are heritage layouts ok for this challenge?

I forgot to link my layout here. Ooops! :) My mom hates having her picture taken but I managed to get her to strike a pose at the door as she was leaving. She left not long after Bryan got home from Dover (within the hour I think). She was a huge help while I was recovering & I was just so happy to know that if I got dizzy & fell on the stairs (which almost happened) or got too loopy on the pain meds (which weren't helping with pain so much as making me not care that I hurt) the kids were still safe. It's a 3 hr drive from her home to mine & she came not even knowing if I could help with gas (they are incredibly strapped) - I kept calling her after the initial call just to talk because I find that comforting when I am "stranded" LOL - I couldn't figure out why she wasn't home. Just over 3 hrs after I called her she was at my door! My hero! Anyway, here is a testament to a mother's love.

Great topic!

Thanks so much for fixing that, Heather!! I'm still trying to find my way around. I think I know what I did wrong, so next time'll be better!

You're very welcome! I think you may have copied the image link, instead of the page link. Not a biggie - I've been there and done that. lol :-)

Here's another one! Conductor of the train. This photo invoked memories of childhood discussions where, they said the Engineer was the head of the train and I said the Conductor is the head of the train. The engineer just drives it. :-)

Here is my layout called Becoming Real. No matter what we go through as family we love each other and no matter the wrinkles or grey hair, we are just becoming more real like the story from the velveteen rabbit and that is what we all want isn't it? : ) Thanks for looking!

gallery_945_515_523221.jpg"]Becoming Real[/url]

Here is my layout called Becoming Real. No matter what we go through as family we love each other and no matter the wrinkles or grey hair, we are just becoming more real like the story from the velveteen rabbit and that is what we all want isn't it? : ) Thanks for looking!

Becoming Real

Archived