Puzzled Over A Puzzle ;p

no_idea

A couple of weeks ago my DD and I completed a big, complicated puzzle. It was so much work that there is NO way I will take it apart. I want to frame it, but that will have to be done by me. Anyway, I need to "keep it together" before I can frame it. I really don't like the look of puzzle glues that go on the front of the puzzle, I don't like how it changes the finish/gloss of the puzzle. I have seen some too coated and yellowy, and some warped. My thought is on the back of the puzzle use Modge Podge stuff and thin fabric strips to glue it together, my hope is that it won't be noticeable on the front.

As for flipping the puzzle, I think I have that worked out too. It's on a board right now, I am going to put another board on top, clamp them together, flip it with fingers crossed, unclamp, and begin to modge podge.

I need to know if you think this will work or not... especially the gluing from behind part.

This makes sense in my head, but I am the opposite of crafty! :hit-head-with-hammer:

Modge Podge will work..get the matte and thin it down a bit with water. The puzzle glue from walmart works well since I've used it and then frmed the puzzles in a wooden frame. One I picked up from the thrift store 2 years ago still holds well. The person must have used modge podge and puzzle glue mixed together the put it on a wooden board backing then put into a wooden frame. Its a tad heavy but it has held up well. I cannot hang it where I am right now until I get some more heavy duty 3M command to hang them up with.

What if you used foam core board for the back? After you modge podge it, attach it to the foam core w/another layer of modge podge, or glue, or something. I don't know... I've never tried doing that, but it seems like it'd work. :D

What if you used foam core board for the back? After you modge podge it, attach it to the foam core w/another layer of modge podge, or glue, or something. I don't know... I've never tried doing that, but it seems like it'd work. :D

Today I'm leaning towards gluing it to the backing inside the frame. I would really like not to modge podge the front. I think it would look cool if it looked like the puzzle was just put together and placed in the frame. I'd like to hear "wow, how did you do that" when people see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the puzzle looks like or the size of the frame you're going to put it in, but it might even be cool to leave a few pieces out of the puzzle around the sides like it's ALMOST done.....

Archived