Windows 7 And Pse5

A-M

I am asking this on behalf of a friend. Has anyone here had troubles with their computer with Windows 7 and the install their PSE5.

Hi Anne-Marie. I have uploaded PSE 7 into Win 7 and can't get the Window to resize. I haven't done much else in it as yet, because I've been playing with Paint Shop Pro, which is compatible.

I did do a search of the compatibility of PSE 7 with Win 7 and what I've found so far, doesn't look good. There is no information to be found at Adobe so far, but the Internet is full of information, saying that the only PSE that is compatible with Win 7, is PSE 8. Good luck with your search and if you find any different information, I would love to hear about it. :-)

I am running PSE7 on Win 7 and have had no problems. All my styles, actions, scripts have run perfectly (and I hope I am not jinxing myself!). Actually the installation of those went more smoothly than on Vista. When running on Vista, PSE7 would periodically freeze and have to be re-started and that has not happened either. I have PSE5, but chose not to load it since I am perfectly happy with PSE7. I was thinking of trying the upgrade, but there is not enough to make me go there & as long it PSE7 runs smoothly, I am staying here for now. I did not have to install a patch, just installed, loaded the styles, etc and went to work scrapping. I cannot get PSE7 to snap (it snaps for everything else), but after I thought about it, I am not sure why I would want to be working on that small a space anyhow - and I can compensate by snapping the other side and then manually resizing the window....not that hard of a fix if that is what I want to do.

Thank you one and all for your replies. I have passed onto my friend all you have shared ( also have encouraged her to join us here at Scrapgirls ) Tamara has come to the conclusion through her researching also that she most likely will need to upgrade her PSE5.

It does not seem fair that when they upgrade the operating systems the older software will not work... I do feel strongly it is all very much a money making racket.

Others may come along and reply to this question but it wouldn't hurt to upgrade some. If your friend is looking at buying new hardware, perhaps she can see if there is software offered with the purchase. I was looking at an Epson printer or scanner, that came with PSE 7, and I just bought a bamboo that came with PSE 7. I got my Paint Shop Pro X2 with my computer, so there are deals to be had, even though there are newer versions of software than what is included with the hardware. It's still a good way to start, if it's compatible with other hardware that you have. lol

It very well could be a money grab, but as with everything in this world, things change.

It's a great idea to ask your friend to join. She will not only meet great people here, but I'm sure your friend would enjoy it here, as well as learn a lot. :-)

• 3 months later...

Archived