Can U Suggest A Program To Edit Video

bjc

now that my canon g10 and my canon 7d do video i have been doing some video of dgs...and dd and sil have a flip video ..... i would like a very simple, easy to use and not too expensive program to edit the video so that i can take out the bad parts, the unfocused, etc.... nothign too fancy...

i have proshow gold 4 for making slide shows and i can put some video in the slide shows too if they are edited so that they arent too big

thanks for any ideas....i know nothing about video

I've used Windows Movie Maker to make slide shows set to music and edit strips of video (and by edit, I mean, cut and paste sections of video together.) I've never purchased it, but it's always been available on every computer I've ever had. It's pretty easy to use and when I made videos and slideshows, they played on others' computers. (Never tried playing it through a DVD player on a TV, though.)

jennifer..i will look into this.... can i just cut the movies and then use it in another program ? also if you make shows how do you play them on others computers? you burn it to a dvd? but it doesnt play in the dvd player on the tv? i use proshow gold ( aobut 50 dollar) for making slide shows with music, transitions etc and can burn onto dvd for playing on tv

Bobbie,

I have a canon elph, and it came with a small but useful video editor. I can save frames as pictures and things like that. You might take a peek at the Canon website and see what you can download if you didn't get a CD with the camera.

But if you're not in a huge hurry, for combining videos or shortening them take a look at Ashampoo Burning Studio9 . I kjnow on the website it says that it's 49.99, but I got it for $10. Just sign up for the Ashampoo newsletters (you get a ton of email from them...usually one a day and occasionally more....some people would maybe call it spam) and they offer their software at a huge discount. I haven't paid more than $10 for any of it yet. And I love Burning Studio 9. It does all kinds of things. Just wait for the sale email and snap it up.

HTH

Bobbie -- it might play on a regular DVD player, I've just never tried it. The slide shows and videos I've edited in Windows Movie Editor are posted on my facebook and/or YouTube account and I've saved them to flash drives to play them on other computers. (For example, I made a retrospective of my brother and his wife for their wedding reception and have just strung various videos together for my facebook or YouTube accounts.) You can set things to music, insert various transition frames, add text, etc. in Windows Movie Editor.

You can definitely seperate and remove slices of video, save them and put them onto another storage device and take them elsewhere, but I'm not sure if they'll work in another program. The properties tab on my videos say that it's an .AVI file. I save my finished video in whatever default format WME has, so if your program can use .AVI files, then you should be good to go!

HTH!

Archived