Print Quality For Invitations

Georgia Girl

Good Morning Ladies! I am making 5X7 adoption shower invitations for a friend and have run a sample on my printer on regular printing paper. The print quality is not great- see printing streaks, and I did print my jpeg file. I was wondering if using cardstock, which is what I was planning on doing, will change this look or if I need to go to Kinkos and take my file on a thumbdrive or cd and let them print it to get better quality. I have a HP photosmart 309 series printer. I don't know if maybe I need to print these on matte photopaper instead. I would prefer cardstock to look like a real invitation. The lo is really adorable because I have his picture on it and this will be the first picture some of the guests will see of him, so I want it to be great! Thanks for all the purple help! Love being on SGs.

Oh save some money go directly to office max office depot or you local rinter and bring your own card stock LOL or pay for the extra money for theirs I think kinkos is a tad pricer for printing but CHECK 1st I am not trying togive a bad wrap to a compnay ok!! I print al the time at office max/ office depot for cards and my local printer (he has the largest variety of paper to use too! might be 25 cent's more to print but well woth it in my eyes for top quality printing !

ps....Office depot prints photo now!!

Oh save some money go directly to office max office depot or you local rinter and bring your own card stock LOL or pay for the extra money for theirs I think kinkos is a tad pricer for printing but CHECK 1st I am not trying togive a bad wrap to a compnay ok!! I print al the time at office max/ office depot for cards and my local printer (he has the largest variety of paper to use too! might be 25 cent's more to print but well woth it in my eyes for top quality printing !

ps....Office depot prints photo now!!

Thanks for the quick response. Do you take your lo(invite) on a thumbdrive or disk? Also, I am doing 5x7 and when I printed it myself I put 2 next to each other on the paper. How would I get this ready for them to print?

Laura, I would create a "new" 8.5 x 11 document at 300 dpi, put two copies of the invite on that as you would like them printed, then save it as a jpeg leaving it at 300 dpi. I would probably take it on a thumbdrive. You might want to call them first and ask....

HTH! Be sure to post your invite in the gallery so we can see it!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Good Morning Ladies! I am making 5X7 adoption shower invitations for a friend and have run a sample on my printer on regular printing paper. The print quality is not great- see printing streaks, and I did print my jpeg file. I was wondering if using cardstock, which is what I was planning on doing, will change this look or if I need to go to Kinkos and take my file on a thumbdrive or cd and let them print it to get better quality. I have a HP photosmart 309 series printer. I don't know if maybe I need to print these on matte photopaper instead. I would prefer cardstock to look like a real invitation. The lo is really adorable because I have his picture on it and this will be the first picture some of the guests will see of him, so I want it to be great! Thanks for all the purple help! Love being on SGs.

Not sure what program you are using but when I print out something like this (or even my layouts) I print the original file - I only change it to a jpeg for submission to various things - try printing out your original file - it works best for me. Just a thought.

Archived