Mad Scrappers It's Time

Hey everyone,

What do you say? Another NE meet up, or as we decided MAD meet up. For those that are new, the Northeast scrappers here, NY, NJ, PA, DE, VA, CT, MD, OH and (anywhere else that's driveable) met up in May of last year. We had a major blast. I would so like to get even more people to come this year.

So, I have not made my calls yet, as I wanted to get the majority to respond to some dates. Oh yeah, and location. Due to the LARGE distance that the Buffalo gals drive, Lewisburg PA is a bit closer to them, and really not much farther for everyone else to drive, so that will be where we would have it this year I hope. There are two nice places that we can stay at, and I can get discounted room rates again, as I just called asking general questions. I'll make more definite arrangements when we decide on the weekend.

So here are some weekend choices. I'll keep track on a spreadsheet of the best for all, and the majority will be the weekend. So post what is good for you here in the thread.

Scrap will be on a Saturday, so if you live close enough and don't want to stay just come for the day.

Sat 4/10 (Harrisburg)

Sat. 4/24(Harrisburg)

Sat. 5/1

Sat 5/8

Sat 5/22 (Harrisburg)

Sat 5/29

And those that want to stay, I'll get the room rates for Frday night and Saturday like the last time. Can you also tell me if your going to stay or not? I want to make sure I put enough rooms aside for everyone.

********UPDATE*******

Totally messed up the one weekend. The 22nd is Commence weekend for Bucknell university, which means we can't get a room there at all. So I changed it to the 29th.

Now here is the other option if the 22nd is really better for most. We can move this back to Harrisburg and keep the 22nd. I do know it is a farther ride for those way out there, but I'm really hoping to get the most people to come. So you girls let me know okay.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to check my dates when I get home. This is twice as far for me - due to geography. There's no direct route so I'd drive right through Harrisburg to get there. But that may give me the excuse to stay overnight!

Julie, you are reading my mind! Honestly, I woke up this morning wondering if it was too early to start thinking about this!\

Whoopee! Again, I'll have to run those dates by Jeff but off the top of my head, I don't see a problem.

Lewisburg is fine with us and we will definitely be staying both nights.

Can't wait!

I would love to join in, if DH is okay with it too. I'd be traveling from Ohio.

In case it makes a difference, keep in mind that Mother's day is 5/9.

The weekend of 5/22 works best for me.

I'm thinking maybe meeting in Maine would be kinda cool :D

I'm thinking meeting in Maine would be REALLY COLD - LOL

Most likely, any of these dates will work OK for me.

I'm not so sure about staying overnight. That would be kind of hard to justify being so close to home. Lewisburg is only about 15 minutes from me. So, chances are you all will get to meet my family this time! ;)

I'm not so sure about staying overnight. That would be kind of hard to justify being so close to home. Lewisburg is only about 15 minutes from me. So, chances are you all will get to meet my family this time! ;)

That would be fun to meet the hubby and kiddies. I'll miss my roomie though.

I have to really do a map quest to see how far this really is from me to be honest I am not sure I want to travel 5-7 hours to go I know I sound like a party pooper but it is reality it woould cost me alot of money for 2 tanks of gas and hotel and food I will look and see and if I should say absolutely I will be there.

Update I am still not sure 4 hours driving 1 way and close to 50+ bucks in gas and hotel and food ... I have to think ladies not sure I can do this or not

That would be fun to meet the hubby and kiddies. I'll miss my roomie though.

It'll boil down to finances at the time, Julie. If I can swing it, I'll stay at the hotel. Mommy's entitled to a treat now and then, too, right?

And Caren, you have to come! From Pittsburgh, it's about 3.5 hours... straight across I-80 from you. Maybe one of the Ohio gals can meet up with you and you can drive in together???

I am thinking if I can swing it or not Becca. We will have to see I am unemployed LOL I am not lol because I am unemployed just a usual way to respond.

This sounds fun it would be about 5 1/5 hours for me to drive, but one of my college roomates lives in Binghamton, so maybe I could come down the night before to put me closer, once you pick a date for sure I can decide, I am going to a retreat on the 1st so probably the 22nd would be better for me.

I want to go! My husband is encouraging me to, but it will be my first time going somewhere this far by myself since we have had kids. I will have to drive up very early Saturday morning, stay overnight and then drive home Sunday. It's about a 5 hour drive according to Google Maps.

Do I understand correctly this is taking place in the hotel where we will get discount room rates? What time will we meet?

I vote for May 1. May 8 is my second choice (hey, what better Mom's Day gift? ;) I would probably be able to do May 22, but it's my last choice because we would otherwise celebrate my daughter's birthday that weekend.

Thanks for arranging this!

I want to go! My husband is encouraging me to, but it will be my first time going somewhere this far by myself since we have had kids. I will have to drive up very early Saturday morning, stay overnight and then drive home Sunday. It's about a 5 hour drive according to Google Maps.

Do I understand correctly this is taking place in the hotel where we will get discount room rates? What time will we meet?

I vote for May 1. May 8 is my second choice (hey, what better Mom's Day gift? ;) I would probably be able to do May 22, but it's my last choice because we would otherwise celebrate my daughter's birthday that weekend.

Thanks for arranging this!

Maybe you can meet up with others from VA and drive together.

Yes, I get a meeting room in the hotel, where we all split the cost. Last year if I remember it came out to like $11.00 per person to chip in for the meeting room. I am able to get a small discount on hotel rooms, usually like $10.00 off there regular price, and I have them hold rooms at that rate.

It was very affordable last year, and if you get roommates if even better.

Breakfast is included with the room, so that saves money there, and we ordered pizza on Saturday during scrapping, which came out to nothing. Everyone brought a snack to share, so we had munchies. It really is fun. I so hope you can come.

I'm open to carpooling and sharing a room. I saw Sarah's post, but she's definitely planning to stay both nights and I'm only going to do Saturday night. Going up Friday would require my husband to leave work early to be with our kids.

Anybody else from Virginia thinking of going Saturday morning?

I would LOVE to do this again. It depends on my finances. Getting there and back wouldn't be too bad. The overnight stays may be another issue though financely. I would be willing to share a room though too. It's between a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive for me. Any of the dates are good for me...I hope we don't get the rain we had last time for driving there!

Archived