Mad Scrappers It's Time

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 24th or May 1 works for Fran and myself. Other dates are out. How about reserving the scrapping room for Friday night and having our wine & cheese party there along with subs or something like that and we can get some extra scrapping and chatting time in.

If everybody really,really really wants Harrisburg we will still be there.

My DH loves road trips and is just itching to go somewhere. So we are in! It sounds like fun. It will be a family trip since it is a 6 hour drive for us. Any fun things for the kids to do on a Saturday in PA?

My DH loves road trips and is just itching to go somewhere. So we are in! It sounds like fun. It will be a family trip since it is a 6 hour drive for us. Any fun things for the kids to do on a Saturday in PA?

Hershey Park is fairly close and I know they would love that.

Fun stuff for kids (and adults!) in or within 30 minutes of Harrisburg are:

The State Museum: http://www.statemuseumpa.org/

Whitaker Center for Science and The Arts: http://www.whitakercenter.org/

Fort Hunter Mansion and Park: http://www.forthunter.org/

Hershey Park: http://www.hersheypark.com/

Hershey Park is not officially open until Memorial Day weekend, but they do have a Spring Preview Weekend in April. Chocolate World is open all year round, as is the trolley tour and the movie theatre.)

Hershey Gardens: http://www.hersheygardens.org/

Hey Jen,

If we end up in Lewisburg, your hubby and kids can hang out with my crew. There's a huge park not far from the hotel. Lewisburg is home to one of the playground manufacturers, so we have a lot of great outdoor play places for kids. All free.

This past weekend, we tried out a trampoline complex nearby. It was great fun, and wonderful exercise for the kids. Adults can "play", too, and we would have, but DH's injured at the moment, so I sat on the sidelines with him. This was a little pricey ($8/hr per child), but it sure gave them a good place to expend some winter energy.

Just to let you all know ... I'm watching what you're planning here. I want to say I can come so badly, but hate to make any commitments yet because things are so up in the air with me in MA and DH in OR selling our home there. My schedule is pretty open for the most part - do have a couple of quilt shows to fit in, and it's not a bad drive ... just have to wait and see how things go. Would be such fun to get together for a scrapping weekend!

yeah I'm excited. It would exciting to meet you Kay and Carla and Jen. Did I miss anyone that said yes that we haven't meet?

So, I'm actually going to start a new poll with just two dates listed. So I can get a clearer picture of the yeses and the no's for those dates. Some said any date is fine and most said either the 24th of April or May 22nd, so I've narrowed it down to those dates and let's go from there.

It would mean Harrisburg so sorry Buffalo Gals. But I promise I'll dance for you again LOL.

Julie - we expect a longer dance with costume and everything! lol As long as you are starting a new poll could we see who is interested in getting the scrapping room for Friday night also? If we have more people it is going to be difficult to meet in anyone's room. We could combine the get together with the snacks and drinks and scrapping. It shouldn't cost that much extra for the room - do you think?

Costumes??? I have plenty of them lying around this house LOL. I guess the room would cost the same for Friday and Saturday. I'm going off the top of my head, but I think it was $150.00 for Saturday but don't remember for sure. I can ask if we can get maybe a half day room. I will call in the morning when the person that handles the rooms is there. I figured we could stay at the same place as before, unless I can't get the rooms, but I don't think it would be a problem, and if not the country inn, there were quite a number of hotels in the area.

We would need not only longer dances and costumes, but lights, music, refreshments, programs, and a whole host of things that we have not possibly thought of by now, but will in the future!

I agree, a Friday night venue, even if we have to pay extra, would be most useful - then the hotel would be responsible for cleanup

! We will, of course, still host the wine and cheese, etc... (she says without first checking with her DH!). Although he did say we could probably provide a projector for demonstrations.

Hi Mad Scrappers,

This is exciting! More gals, more fun, more ideas, more entertainment (right!?). Can't wait. April 22nd is good for me. And Julie yes it is really me typing. I am trying to become active on the messageboard now that I have my pic up and did have my signature up but it disappeared ?????? Oh well-also tried to get more blinkies up but for some reason only got one up even tho I did it the same way.

Margot and I would be glad to be responsible for a get acquainted game!! Lots of fun. Looking forward to meeting all the new MAD Scrappers. For newbies Mad stands for Midwest Area Digital Scrappers. :having-a-party::monkeydance: Fran

Archived