Buyer's Regret ......

J9Buckles

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, after all of this, who would stay with 7 and who would go to 8? I have 5.0 pse and I'm thinking of upgrading. I don't know about all these problems with 8.

I'd say unless you are unhappy with 5.0, it's not working right, or you plan to teach a class to students with PSE 8.0 ... stick with what you have! You can only go from 5 to 8 now...7 is no longer available.

I have my styles loaded and in categories. Actions are next......tomorrow.

Well, here's a little input from a real dinosaur....I'm still favoring my PSE4 on my Mac. I have 6 and I have 8 on my PC laptop...but for real, serious scrapping, I always go to the 4....I know it, it does all I want and it doesn't give me any grief. Gee, that's sort of like my DH!! Gotta luv 'em both!

Janine -

I am so sorry that you are experiencing problems with Version 8 - but I have heard nothing good about Version 8 from some of my local friends who have also purchased it - many problems - I don't think they have worked all the bugs out it personally and the tech support my friends have gotten have said just that. I hope you can find some resolution to your problem - I have one friend who convinced them to allow him to send it back after being told the bugs ha not been worked out and that he didn't think it wa right that they would put a product out there with problems still in it. Wish I had good news for you but that is what I am hearing from graphic artists here.

I don't think I would have upgraded at this time either but, PSE 7 came with my Wacom tablet so I broke down and installed it because I wanted to use a few things in the boutique that were not available for PSE5! There are some things that Adobe makes more difficult but, I have found work arounds and I love being able to use a few goodies that PSE5 doesn't allow. Overall, change is not always a personal friend of mine!

I will say I haven't had any problems with just scrapping with PSE8. It's pretty much the same as 5. However, I feel like Adobe wants to make it impossible to customize the program for the individual needs of their patrons. All I want is a drop down menu for my SG styles...is that too much to ask?

And the only reason I upgraded was because I got a Mac and had to purchase another version!

But on the bright side.... I DO LOVE CHRISTY'S SCRIPTS!

I will say I haven't had any problems with just scrapping with PSE8. It's pretty much the same as 5. However, I feel like Adobe wants to make it impossible to customize the program for the individual needs of their patrons. All I want is a drop down menu for my SG styles...is that too much to ask?

And the only reason I upgraded was because I got a Mac and had to purchase another version!

But on the bright side.... I DO LOVE CHRISTY'S SCRIPTS!

:) Always happy to be the silver lining!!

Quite honestly, I don't think Adobe really intended for PSE to be customizable - thus the lack of support for it. I think they would rather people purchase Photoshop for the things we are trying to do with PSE. It just happens that people have figured these things out on their own - styles, actions, grouping them, etc. The scripts are a prime example. There is no documentation anywhere for making them work in PSE...it was something I figured out myself through trial and error.

It just goes to show what a bright, intelligent and persistent group of women we scrapbookers are!! :)

It just goes to show what a bright, intelligent and persistent group of women we scrapbookers are!! :)

Really? because most people I know think we are a bunch of frumpy housewives (said with a sneer) with "nothing" better to do with our time. LOL.

I am actually quite happy to be a scrapbooker.

Really? because most people I know think we are a bunch of frumpy housewives (said with a sneer) with "nothing" better to do with our time. LOL.

I am actually quite happy to be a scrapbooker.

I was just getting this yesterday from my step-mom. So glad others feel the same as I.

Ah, well, the "blind" will always be with us. They can only see what their consciousness will allow them to. Poor things.

If you ever doubt yourself, check in here! We know who you really are!

We are an elite (in the sense of advanced mental health) group of articulate, talented, artistic women (and a few Advanced Males), with an abundance of positive, supportive energy. We provide for each other what our families are sometimes unable to give us - unconditional positive regard.

Yes gayle you are right.

I have often almost felt sorry for people who don't have a creative outlet or some kind of mental stimulation in their lives.

Digital scrapbooking gives us both. We get to be creative and we learn alot at the same time.

AND we get to make new friends at the same time!!

Okay, so I have all of my styles in their categories and all of my actions loaded and ready to go. I got a few of Christy's scripts so I'm heading over to the instructions she included with them and I'm going in! LOL

Cross your fingers for me! ;)

Oh, janine I hope it works out for you. It sounds like quite the head ache. I'm so sorry. I am still using PSE 5 and was toying with the idea of graduating, but I think I'll wait a little longer.

You know....it's not a bad thing to upgrade....I'm just not sure Adobe has their customers in mind when they are working on "new and improved" products. I've got everything loaded...everything is working well....my frustration is gone!

My final advice is on the subject...if anyone cares ;) is this: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. LOL Our amazing designers have created so many wonderful products that work with so many versions of PSE that there is no reason, from a digital scrapbooking, perspective to "upgrade". I mean, why spend money at Adobe that you could use for more scrapping supplies!?! If I weren't teaching a course I'd totally stick with 5.0 ... however, I am excited to try out Christy's scripts and as soon as Elements finishes rebuilding its database I'm off to play!

Guest JessicaLeigh

Patience is a virtue Janine......And one that I sometimes dont have so here is something for you.

<---------------Passes Janine one of the most special "Floppy Lattes" on the planet....Be careful....too much and you will be "floppy" LOL! I have added a secret ingredient to help calm the nerves and lighten the thoght process!

You know....it's not a bad thing to upgrade....I'm just not sure Adobe has their customers in mind when they are working on "new and improved" products. I've got everything loaded...everything is working well....my frustration is gone!

My final advice is on the subject...if anyone cares ;) is this: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. LOL Our amazing designers have created so many wonderful products that work with so many versions of PSE that there is no reason, from a digital scrapbooking, perspective to "upgrade". I mean, why spend money at Adobe that you could use for more scrapping supplies!?! If I weren't teaching a course I'd totally stick with 5.0 ... however, I am excited to try out Christy's scripts and as soon as Elements finishes rebuilding its database I'm off to play!

Janine I have been watching this thread since you started it AND I juswant to say THANKS for all the information --- think I'll stay with PSE 6 for a little while longer!

I am glad you got it all to work Janine! I was not a fan of PSE 8 when I first started using it either, but now I am! I had to change the xml files before anyway (wow a script for that sounds good lol) and I really am beginning to take advantage of the other changes.

Let us know what you think when you get used to it! And believe me, your students will appreciate the effort you are making to figure out the differences!

Archived