Buyer's Regret ......

J9Buckles

Okay I already typed this once and lost it. I just bought PSE8 and havent opened it yet. After reading this topic I am thinking about returning it to the store. Oh well I was really looking forward to using it-not now. Does Adobe help you if you call or notify them? If they do, is it a good service they have or not? Oh well everyone have a good day and if I do keep PSE8 I will just come back to here when I have troubles lol.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning PSE 8.0 decided to crash.....and crash and crash and crash. I can't even get it to start. I have tried recreating registries, deleting my preferences....everything that was suggested in help forums....to no avail. Crash crash crash and burn!

Rather than spend the day in frustration I'm going to start PSE 5 .... do some scrapping and forget about it for now.

What a total waste of money for me....

Now, I'm going to scrap while I wait for the refrigerator repair guy to call and explain why he didn't show up yesterday!

RELAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...........................

I have PSE 8 and was suprised to read this thread about how it has given people trouble. I have not had any trouble with mine. Also got a great deal on it...had a coupon and paid $44 at Costco and then got a $20 rebate so I decided to go from 7 to 8. The only thing that is a pain is the metadata files you have to do but once you get it all organized it is just a matter of keeping up with it. I also hate have to rebuild the database because it takes so long. I have had no trouble with add 0 matic either. I bought it for my PSE 5 and bought it again for 8. I don't use it alot because I don't like the way it puts them in an add o matic category. I have all my styles categorized by designer, commercial, or type. I love it and it makes it easier to find them. I don't install my brushes with add o matic either because I keep them all categorized and just load them as I need them. If I keep them organized then it only takes a sec to load the one I want. : ) Mendy

I'm wondering if maybe there is some kind of conflict on your machine with something you already have installed?? That could explain why some have no issue and others do. Not sure if there are any known bugs for this one yet, but maybe it's worth looking??

I do hope you figure it out. Nothing is more frustrating than having things like this happen. Here's hopin'

Hi,

I recently upgraded to PSE 8 and it crashed the first time i installed it and the second and the third, you get my drift. I then went to Adobe's site to see what I might do about this lil problem as I was very frustrated. I had some program on my computer that was in conflict with it as I did all the simple steps first to no avail; I then had to redo my whole computer (which needed it anyway) I downloaded PSE 8 first and then everything else after, but checked PSE 8 after each install and it is still working. There were some programs that I did not reinstall because I really didn't need them. So, it might be a program in conflict with your PSE 8. I'm sorry for your frustrations as I was feeling the same way. I hope you figure it out soon

hth

Rachel

Archived